3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Royal Purple

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 04:03 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Royal Purple

I just put in for the first time, Royal Purple. Has anybody else used it yet? I feel a slight difference in the pick up, but I was told that I'll feel it after the second change.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Drakkon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal Purple

the first change it should mostly be still cycling through the old that is still in the system. you are getting the placebo effect right now...it feels different cause its something different. i bet if you took it to a dyno performance diff would be nill. The second change should get all the old junk outta there and your good to go.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Boilerman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never used R/P oil, but I can tell you that the gear oil is some good stuff. I used in the transmission of my Harley and it made a world of difference. I highly recommend their product. I did lots of research on it too.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:27 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found that there is a difference in the gas mileage. I drove from Portland, OR, to Yakima, WA, which is about 180 miles on half a tank of gas. That's including a lot of rolling hills and a small pass. It feels like it's running a lot smoother too. Starting to like it a lot and I'm already recommending it to friends and family.

Quick Reply: Royal Purple