3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

HID conversion Kit - BIG DIFFERENCE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 12:48 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HID conversion Kit - BIG DIFFERENCE!

if you flick the high beams on what does it do? do they flash when you pull back the swich?

Old 12-14-2006, 10:29 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

when you flick your high beams nothing happens unless you run the high beam circuit to a separate pair of headlights. I plan on adding anothe rpair of off road lights to my bumper that will become my high beams.

You lose the high beams with this kit, no one makes low/high H13 HID kits

Kit installation: Moderate level.
You need to know how to hook up wires and cut and splice. Mine were a little messed up because of how I had to cut the wires, solder and the such. Only becaus eI have a background in electronics did I know what to do without someone telling me. I recommend professional installation.

Check with lownslowneon where he got his HID Kit from and if he had any problems wiring up the thing.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:57 AM
OMNI Potent

Awesome, thanks for the input. I was debating whether to do this upgrade. I was thinking more along the lines of 6300K.

Since our trucks don't have projector headlights to begin with, I just wanted to see if there were any adjustment needed (i.e. lowering the aim of the headlight unit).

Dont know about you guys, but I get flashed alot already.

Thanks!

Old 12-15-2006, 02:13 AM
lownslowneon
Professional

I get flashed a lot..

BTW: MY kit is a high / low kit. I was just too lazy to figure the wiring out.... I don't use my highs anyways..

I paid like $275 shipped for mine.

It's a 5K kit.. the pictures above show my old 6K kit I had.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-C...spagenameZWD1V

Just a quick search on ebay. i found mine cheaper.. but theres a high low h13

Old 12-16-2006, 09:38 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

eah bling lights makes good stuff from what i've seen, just a little expensive for my taste.I so far haven't gotten flashed yet, but I expect it soon; my dad has projection headlamps and he gets flashed.. :-/ But I like not having the projections because it seems the light gets more dispersed without the projections, I don't know, I know I like the difference between what my dad has and what I have.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:44 AM
lownslowneon
Professional

Projection lights actually are better... they may seem like they arnt as bright.. but it gives you an even cut off point and more useable light.

My Integra had the JDM front on it with OEM Hids and projector headlights... the cut off was sweet.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:57 PM
shnormo
Veteran

I like H.I.D.s I love the way mine turned out. I'm using the 8000K temp. Techincally if you have retrofitted them into a car they are not legal. Only cars immune to the law are the ones that were factory equipped before 2004. I paid $210 for my H.I.D. kit with a plug and play connector.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:53 AM
jimboscomp
All Star

they're not legal if they're not the factory HIDs? Is that a state law where you live? I've driven by cops and cops and cops, I'll have to ask someone around here about that. And yeah, I got rid of my original HID kit, the person never sent a second replacement harness which was a bunch of crap, so I bought a new one. $250 from Xenon-Vision but well worth it, lights haven't gone out ONCE since i got the new kit! I've also gotten a lot more people flashing me haha, I need to make my beams go lower.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:26 AM
SuperNotch

hey did u have any probs with ur H13's? because I got a set of 9006 for my fogs, worked fine and when i hooked up my H13 headlights they fogs would start flashing, and with the truck on they would all be on and the headlights would shut off and start strobing. I bought 2 relays but **** if i know how or where to put them and btw it is a 06 ram hemi

Old 02-13-2007, 06:42 AM
jimboscomp
All Star

OK I know what the problem is and how to fix it...I have the same problem. There is an onboard computer that says "I need to put out 65w" but it's only using 35. The way I bypass it, is when I get in the truck, if I know i'm going to need the lights while driving, I turn on the lights prior to starting the truck, wait about 20-25seconds then I start the truck. Mine usually blink ONCE about a minute after starting them, then I never have anymore blinks. I am also thinking of doing some tests using capacitors and load resistors to see if I can bypass the computer after starting the truck, stay tuned!

Quick Reply: HID conversion Kit - BIG DIFFERENCE!