3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:55 PM
skinsfan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start

Looking to put a remote start in my 05 Dak Quad. It will not fit in the garage! Any ideas or thoughts on brand, price? What I have seen runs about $300 and will start and lock unlock doors from a remote. Vehicle cannot be driven as if the brake is hit the system turns off.

Thanks

Old 01-28-2007, 01:10 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Remote Start

most systems are pretty compatabile, you could go to any stereo shop and have one installed.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:35 PM
RonnusTwo
Professional

I just had a remote start installed for $200, works great. make sure to have the stereo place adjust the start/crank time for .8 seconds as the standard 1 second is too long for the '05 Dakota. the brand I have is Avital. it has a lock/unlock button and seperate start button, also has an aux button I dont use. and after you start the truck, you need to turn the key and step on the brake, otherwise it stalls out

Old 02-01-2007, 05:21 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain

My brother has the Mopar one on his Charger Daytona....it's sweet

Just adds a tiny little fob to his keychain. Doesn't screw up the power locks or the functions of the factory remote fob (some aftermarkets do)....it just adds the remote start and a fob....click it twice to turn the car on.

Quick Reply: Remote Start