3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Injen Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:38 PM
RMUDBUGS
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Injen Air Intake

The pick from e-bay is of a Nissan. I would like a cold box but they don't make them for our trucks or the are to expensive.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:40 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: virused

ORIGINAL: DakotaStone

Now I'm thinking of going to the injen (keep wanting to put the "g" in instead of the "j") intake system instead of my Airaid system. Thanks for saying something Chris. I'll have to go back and look at their site again.
Anytime. My neighbor had one on his lifted Tacoma. (Still one of the nicest I have seen to date. He has since sold it and purchased a Subaru STI) Sounds great and he couldn't stop talking about the noticable difference in throttle response. I don't think there are many people out there that are truly honest about upgrades. What I mean by that is not many people are willing to buy a AEM, K&N, Injen, ect. intake for the amount of money they are, and speak honestly about the performance gains, or lack there of. Not many people want to say "Yeah man, I just spent $250-350 and didn't notice shlt!" The reason I bring this up, is because my neighbor was actually one of these honest people. He had made big purchases in the past that ended up giving him no gain what-so-ever. He was honest enough with me to suck it up and say he spent a big dime on nothing; not too many people can do that. This all ties around to the fact that he said he did feel a noticable difference in throttle response. A huge HP gain? No, but that can't be expected with just buying a new intake, now can it?
I saw an article on Dodge Truck World about a year ago where they said that the gains are very minimal. The way they did the dyno was different and "true" compared to everyone else. I haven't been able to find that article since the first time I saw it.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 PM
bkjtimp
Veteran

This is what it says on this http://www.hopupracing.com/inpoflinsydo.htmlwebsite :

PF1800P, WB
05-06 Dakota 4.7L V8 Power-Flow W/MR Technololgy (incl. Diamond plate heat shield)
$320
$222

No picture of the specific intake, but states it has a diamond plate heat shield...Notice it doesn't state "Powerbox", so you can rule out that stainless lookin box at the end. Doesn't sound like that shield that is on that pic that was said to be from a Nissan either. I guess someone needs to buy one! "On sale" for $222 with free shipping sounds in-line. Anyone gonna buy my Airaid MIT and K&N drop-in if I order this?

Old 02-13-2007, 12:04 AM
DakotaStone
Champion

I talked to these guys last year before I bought my Airaid system: http://www.weapon-R.com. Supposedly a guy that I met online had these guys do an intake for him. He owned an 05 Dak with the 4.7L. He did a dyno and his truck measured 176 at the wheels, then put the CAI on and he registered close to 190..??? I think. I was going to see if they could do one for me, and I did talk to the owner of the company, but he said that the engineers probably won't be able to get to it right away (Dec 2005). They actually had a Dyno sheet with the numbers on it, so I know he wasn't lying to me.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 AM
bkjtimp
Veteran

This pic is from the website you referenced above...Interesting idea to have a box sealed against the apron to the intake hole to the fender well area. And the upper screws must be so you can access the filter for cleaning....That's some cool engineering.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:11 AM
DakotaStone
Champion

Apparently not too good. I tried to email Ray Fong about the Raider being the same as the Daks, since they're looking for those trucks to build a CAI, and the emai came back undeliverable. And I copied and pasted it.

Quick Reply: Injen Air Intake