3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New to the Forums, Considering Aftermarket such as grille Guard and Lift Kit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:29 AM
Gerrard155
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Forums, Considering Aftermarket such as grille Guard and Lift Kit.

Hello, new to the forums and I am considering some aftermarket for my truck and wanted to get your opinions on the topic. The First thing I was considering was a Westin Grille Guard, and I was wondering if anyone has some pictures of one on their 3rd Gen Dakota. The second thing I was considering was a Trailmaster Leveling/lift Kit, and I needed some input as I want to keep the stock rims(I have the 18in variety)but step up the wheel size. Is that possible, if so what would I need to know. Finally, I am looking to put on an exhaust both for sound and performance, what do you guys recommend(looking for twin straight-pipe configs)? Thanks for any help.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:18 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to the Forums, Considering Aftermarket such as grille Guard and Lift Kit.

First of all, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy the site. Second of all, you just opened a wholecan of worms on thisthread.... that we cover a lot and love to do. Here are some suggestions:

For intake, go with either Airaid or K&N CAI's, ( I went with an Airaid with aTrueFlow foam filter)mind you, I want to hear about someone who bought a TrueFlow system...
For exhaust, go with either Magnaflow or a Flowmaster. I went with the Magnaflow, but it was a custom exhaust. For more power, go with a true dual system with an x pipe for extra tq. The Magnaflow muffler sounds great when it starts up, and it's not too loud.
Get a 180 degree thermostat and purchase a JetChip Stage II. Right now, it's the only thing out there for us as far as programming. Talk to fastman about a new throttle body. He'll suggest a 68.5mm TB. He claims abut an 8-10 hp/tq gain. I just ordered one myself last week and I'm looking forward to getting it. Next year I plan on getting new cams from for about $750.00. That should give about 200+ at the wheel (not extra).

As far the grille guard, I've never considered one. Good luck in finding one. At the sametime, if you want some vinyl decals on your truck, talk to Klings Design. A few of us ordered some, and they look great on our trucks. Just look at a couple of threads on them.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:18 PM
king beer
Default RE: New to the Forums, Considering Aftermarket such as grille Guard and Lift Kit.

ORIGINAL: ericemery

................As for the grill guard... I am not 100% sure but I believe Worrgames has one...
I got one too.. but, it's a DeeZee.. i have pictures in the gallery of it... if anyone would care to look..

Old 04-05-2007, 06:55 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

I would check out autoanything.com I've bought a few things from them reliable site, and I believe they have alot of grilles that fit our trucks. Don't really know much about the tires, but if you ever decide to sell those stock rims PM and let me know I might be interested.

Quick Reply: New to the Forums, Considering Aftermarket such as grille Guard and Lift Kit.