3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

monroe shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: monroe shocks

Anyone know how long until Bilstein comes out with some?

Old 03-28-2007, 02:32 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i am still working with the bilstein rep on shocks. they also say end of 07

Old 04-06-2007, 09:20 PM
LB
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric,
I would take it to the dealer before you put any lift on it, they may put the 07 struts on.

LB

Old 04-07-2007, 02:09 AM
jimboscomp
All Star

ORIGINAL: ericemery

Man, I have about 15K on my truck, and it seems like it floats more now than befor... maybe I am just getting annoyed to the point of noticing it all, but it seems like it bounces around an awfull lot. I may go in to the dealer and bitch about it. Maybe I get a new set of shock/struts out of the deal...
I will agree with you, after 25,000 miles my front shocks are pretty worn. There's a place in the freeway I used to go over and it would be nice and smooth, now my truck just comes down and it's pretty bumpy...stock shocks suck...which would yall go with first, bilstein or monroe?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:57 PM
WIZARD

DO NOT ORDER THE REAR LOAD ADJ. SHOCKS
i emailed monroe last mouth to double check because the number (58627) was coming up on line in searchs as for an 80s pathfinder. but i was asured from them that yes the number was correct. ordered shocks took 3 weeks to get special order. put truck on lift remove shocks factory mount 12mm bolt shocks 5/8 hole with no sleeves. called monroe on phone and after on hold for 5 min said i am right they will not work on new daks mistake in listing.waiting to here from there warr dept as they were special order and that means " no returns"

Old 04-27-2007, 01:19 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

did you pay w/ a credit card? just send them back and tell your CC co. that the store does not want to reimburse you. They tend to value individual consumers more than business establishments. It's worked for me.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:49 AM
LB
Veteran

Wow, good timing, I was considering ordering the Monroe load levelers...

You should have no problem getting a full refund including shipping since it is a manufacturer mistake.

The last time I called monroe to ask what the strut mate bearing plate was the guy I spoke with a total Ahole.

It is the top mount of the strut by the way.

LB

Old 05-01-2007, 03:59 AM
dakoduh
Rookie

I just had the dealer replace my front struts, under warranty (only 9200 miles!) The new shocks seem to be much better, although still not as firm as I'd like. I talked to a bilstein rep & he said they are working on a whole kit, front & rear & it'll be out before the end of the year. So I'm hoping to get by till then...

Old 05-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

id go with bilstein over monroe...i had monroe in my ram and really liked them, but on the last years of the firehawk, they offered 1LE suspension or Bilstein.....1LE was def more of a race suspension but Bilstein is really hardcore..

Quick Reply: monroe shocks