3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Ordering a 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Murdock628
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering a 2012

I ordered a 2011 Citadel last Thursday, and the dealer just called me and said that Dodge is no longer taking orders for 2011s. He told me that for a small cost they would swap a 730 radio in place of the 430 radio in the floor model. I do not want to do that for a few reasons, mainly warranty issues at a different dealer down the road and why pay more for a radio that now comes standard. My question is does anyone have an idea when Dodge will be taking orders for 2012s? I asked the dealer and he said that April 20th was the last day Dodge allowed ordering of 2011s and that he is not sure when they will start with the 2012s. I don't know if he is being vague about when I would be able to order a 2012 so I just take a leftover 2011, or does Dodge really leave their dealers in the dark like that? If the 2012s are going to be available soon I would rather just wait for a 2012 and hope that there will be some new options such as the ZF 8sp tranny.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:40 PM
jdloyd01
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am no expert, however my 2011 order has been anything but smooth and I have gained a bit of knowledge about the process.

My dealer has told me that the October-November time frame will be when the switch over happens. Now this year has been troublesome for Dodge and other car dealers because of parts issues related to the Japan crisis. This is probably behind the April 20th date. Dodge needs to be sure it can fill all of its current orders by the change-over date. This year's date was moved up so they would have time to source parts.

Again, this is just my observations based on what I have been through so far. My advice would be wait until the fall and get what you want.

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2012