No charge maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 02:04 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerDDanger
because of past issues with Dodge vehicle reliability
Blanket statements are almost always incorrect. As is evident above.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:55 PM
PowerDDanger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Blanket statements are almost always incorrect. As is evident above.
Not really implying that they are all unreliable, but Dodge didn't take a bailout and Dodge's sales did not plummet for no reason. America has lost confidence in american made cars and this shows in the increased sales of foreign made cars over american made cars in the past 10 years. Foreign made cars have also shown much higher customer service ratings, higher safety ratings, and higher profit margins. When Dodge improves their models to improve confidence and product quality then a year later they start taking things off that brought about confidence (3 years free maintenance) does not make sense. Yes, maybe not all dodge vehicles have been unreliable, but to say that even people that own dodge vehicles are confident in the product are almost always incorrect. As is evident by this entire site and every post about their frustration with their NEW vehicle. Its takes a minute to lose someone's confidence, but years to regain it.

Last edited by PowerDDanger; 08-27-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:19 PM
nkmjo

Did not see the free maintenance listed on my 2012 Citadel window sticker like they are on 2011s.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:16 PM
PowerDDanger
Professional

Originally Posted by nkmjo
Did not see the free maintenance listed on my 2012 Citadel window sticker like they are on 2011s.
Which means you're going to spend about 3000 extra out of your pocket over those 3 years. Don't forget to read your warranty information, if you don't follow service schedule to the T they could easily refuse your warranty if something goes wrong.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:28 PM
nkmjo

Which means you're going to spend about 3000 extra out of your pocket over those 3 years. Don't forget to read your warranty information, if you don't follow service schedule to the T they could easily refuse your warranty if something goes wrong.

Agree with you about sticking to the service schedule.
Not being argumentative, but your estimate of 3k extra over 3 yrs seems a little high unless you put a lots of miles on your vehicle. On my last car I barely broke 20k miles in 3 yrs so according to the service schedule its mostly oil changes and tire rotations(4 ea. thru 36000 miles) and inspections. Been awhile since had a vehicle that needs plugs replaced @ 32000 miles or 3 yrs though. I won't be following Dodge's 8000 mile oil change interval, that too many miles between oil changes for my own peace of mind.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

All,

FYI

If you have a Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, or Ram vehicle with a gasoline engine that does not require synthetic oil, you can get a scheduled maintenance service contract for well under $1000 for 3 years and 48k miles. In fact even if you want the oil changes to be every 4k miles instead of the 8k it will still be well under $1,000 MSRP. Keep in mind that these are MSRP prices and can always be negotiated. If anyone would like a quote on any of these plans or any Chrysler Service Contract I would be more than happy to provide them to you. Just need your VIN and mileage in a PM and I will give you a quote.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:07 PM
PowerDDanger
Professional

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
All,

FYI

If you have a Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, or Ram vehicle with a gasoline engine that does not require synthetic oil, you can get a scheduled maintenance service contract for well under $1000 for 3 years and 48k miles. In fact even if you want the oil changes to be every 4k miles instead of the 8k it will still be well under $1,000 MSRP. Keep in mind that these are MSRP prices and can always be negotiated. If anyone would like a quote on any of these plans or any Chrysler Service Contract I would be more than happy to provide them to you. Just need your VIN and mileage in a PM and I will give you a quote.
Okay that sounds great and all, but the main reason we like the service plan for the 2011 durango is; wait for it...... ITS FREE!!! Yeah if you have the money you could buy 4 durangos so if one ever went down. We're not complaining about the service plan because it doesn't exist, the MONEY is the main issue. Now lets try rereading the entire thread. Okay, thanks.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:18 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Okay that sounds great and all, but the main reason we like the service plan for the 2011 durango is; wait for it...... ITS FREE!!! Yeah if you have the money you could buy 4 durangos so if one ever went down. We're not complaining about the service plan because it doesn't exist, the MONEY is the main issue. Now lets try rereading the entire thread. Okay, thanks.
Power,

What I have been trying to say, without saying it directly is this, your claim about the Service Contract Maintenance Plan, which is being given with the 2011 Durango's, saving the customer $3,000 to $4000 over 3 years is nowhere close to being accurate. The retail value, as listed in our brochures is $1100.

You also indicated to another poster (NKMJO) that because the maintenance plan was not included on their 2012 model that they lost out on 3-4 grand. Also incorrect.

Lastly, you posted that by "not following your maintenance schedule to the T Chrysler can easily refuse your warranty". While Chrysler advocates adhering to your maintenance schedule as the way to maximize the life of your vehicle and cut down on repair costs, your insinuation that we would reject a warranty claim for anything less than a gross of lack of maintenance is also misleading.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:01 PM
PowerDDanger
Professional

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Power,

What I have been trying to say, without saying it directly is this, your claim about the Service Contract Maintenance Plan, which is being given with the 2011 Durango's, saving the customer $3,000 to $4000 over 3 years is nowhere close to being accurate. The retail value, as listed in our brochures is $1100.

You also indicated to another poster (NKMJO) that because the maintenance plan was not included on their 2012 model that they lost out on 3-4 grand. Also incorrect.

Lastly, you posted that by "not following your maintenance schedule to the T Chrysler can easily refuse your warranty". While Chrysler advocates adhering to your maintenance schedule as the way to maximize the life of your vehicle and cut down on repair costs, your insinuation that we would reject a warranty claim for anything less than a gross of lack of maintenance is also misleading.
Okay so saying dodge has it listed at $1100, sounds good but lets do some math... Say you get an oil change every 3000 mouths four times a year (12,000) a year that would equal about $60 an oil change which is 240 a year x 3 += 720. So what you're saying is that all the other REQUIRED 6000 mile interval maintenance would equal less than $380. I highly doubt it.
Last time I checked, most 6000 mile maintenance jobs don't even start under a couple hundred dollars. So say we have 6 recommended maintenance visits $200 x 6 +720 =$1920.
Take that for what its worth, but I'm sure you're going to come back with a non customer friendly rebuttal that says that I am wrong and you are right. That is the entire purpose of my initial message, customer services matters.
Secondly i didn't fall off the watermelon truck yesterday and I have many friends who have had their "warranties" rejected by dodge dealerships because they could not prove paperwork of scheduled maintenance and guess what, the dealers couldn't find it either.
So please keep on with your responses and keep up that tremendous Dodge quality customer service.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:38 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Here is the required maintenance schedule on the 2011 Durango's for the first 3 years and 48,000 miles as copied out of the owners manual. Severe conditions go with schedule B which includes oil changes every 4,000 miles instead of 8,000. Also, there is no 6,000 mile maintenance schedule on any 2011 Chrysler vehicle.

So unless you are driving under severe conditions such as dirt roads, the requirement for changing your oil in the first 32,000 miles is only 4 times. What I am telling you is that if your dealer is charging hundreds of dollars for a 6,000 mile service, you need to find a different dealer. The first 3/36 requirements are 4 oil changes, tire rotations, replace the plugs once, and replacing air/cabin filters a couple of times.

I urge you to read your owners manual for confirmation. If you believe that your warranty was denied by a dealer and it should not have been, call us. Our customer assistance center number is in the back of your owners manual as well, that is what we are here for. I will not post on this thread again as I have posted all the information I can on this issue. Thanks...

Required Maintenance Intervals

Refer to the Maintenance Schedules on the following pages for the required maintenance intervals.
13000 Km
8000 Miles
6 Months
  • Change the engine oil and engine oil filter.
  • Rotate the tires, rotate at the first sign of irregular wear, even if it occurs before 8,000 miles (13 000 km).

26000 Km
16000 Miles
12 Months
  • Rotate the tires, rotate at the first sign of irregular wear, even if it occurs before 16,000 miles (26 000 km).
  • If using your vehicle for any of the following: Dusty or off-road conditions. Inspect the engine air cleaner filter; replace if necessary.
  • Replace the air conditioning filter.
  • Inspect the brake linings, replace if necessary.
  • Inspect exhaust system. Perform the first inspection at 16,000 miles (26 000 km) or 12 months.
  • Inspect the front suspension, tie rod ends and boot seals for cracks or leaks and all parts for damage, wear, improper looseness or end play; replace if necessary.

39000 Km
24000 Miles
18 Months
  • Rotate the tires, rotate at the first sign of irregular wear, even if it occurs before 24,000 miles (39 000 km).
  • Inspect the CV joints.
  • Inspect exhaust system.
  • Inspect the front and rear axle fluid, change if using your vehicle for police, taxi, fleet, off-road or frequent trailer towing.

52000 Km
32000 Miles
24 Months
  • Rotate the tires, rotate at the first sign of irregular wear, even if it occurs before 32,000 miles (52 000 km).
  • Replace the engine air cleaner filter.
  • Replace the spark plugs (5.7L Engine).
  • Adjust parking brake on vehicles equipped with four-wheel disc brakes.
  • Inspect the transfer case fluid.
  • Inspect the front suspension, tie rod ends and boot seals for cracks or leaks and all parts for damage, wear, improper looseness or end play; replace if necessary.

65000 Km
40000 Miles
30 Months
  • Rotate the tires, rotate at the first sign of irregular wear, even if it occurs before 40,000 miles (65 000 km).

78000 Km
48000 Miles
36 Months
  • Rotate the tires, rotate at the first sign of irregular wear, even if it occurs before 48,000 miles (78 000 km).
  • If using your vehicle for any of the following: Dusty or off-road conditions. Inspect the engine air cleaner filter; replace if necessary.
  • Inspect the CV joints.
  • Inspect exhaust system.
  • Inspect the front and rear axle fluid, change if using your vehicle for police, taxi, fleet, off-road or frequent trailer towing.

Last edited by DodgeCares; 09-01-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Quick Reply: No charge maintenance?