Seatbelt Alarm Disable?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 12:47 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Trace3rd
Chris,
Okay, thanks. Is there a work around by chance, for example in the old days i would stick my foot up in the door jam and hold the switch in, I dont see a switch in this one though.

Unfortunately not in this case as I believe it works off of the door latch system, the same one that would illuminate a door ajar light.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:51 PM
bbtkd
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrrider012
I wear my seatbelt almost always the chiming gets on my nerves when my passengers dont wear it and it chimes forever. Also at work when we move our cars from one lot to another it bugs me but other than that I always wear my belt. Honestly I do not need the chime to remind me to wear it...
Obvious solution that we used when the kids were young; the vehicle doesn't move until all seatbelts are buckled, and if a seatbelt is taken off, the car stops until it goes back on. My daughter and her friend are alive only because of their seatbelts.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:50 PM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by bbtkd
Obvious solution that we used when the kids were young; the vehicle doesn't move until all seatbelts are buckled, and if a seatbelt is taken off, the car stops until it goes back on. My daughter and her friend are alive only because of their seatbelts.
We didn't even think about seat belts when I was a kid growing up, and there were no chimes (until we got a 72 Ford). My siblings and I are alive because we were lucky!

Old 02-01-2014, 11:44 PM
jpfreak

Originally Posted by cfranz
Disable BeltAlert (Seat Belt Chimes):
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first
60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON
or START position. DaimlerChrysler does not recommend
deactivating Beltalert.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and
buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait
for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the
ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s
seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending
with the seat belt buckled.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on
while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt.
It may be necessary to retract the seat belt partially each
time when unbuckling.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A
single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully
completed the programming.
I also have a farm,and a travel trailer. I always wear my seatbelt when on the road.... but on the farm and when camping I don't wear it... this worked on my 04,07,and now on my 2014 hope this helps.....

Old 02-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Trace3rd
Professional

It worked on my 12', thanks. And BTW, black electrical tape matches the dash warning light area perfectly. I put a small square of it over the red seat belt light, you cant even tell it is there!

Old 05-13-2014, 08:03 PM
DarkJuJu

Does anyone know how to shut off the beep when you leave the D running with the key fob in your possession? My Buick never beeped, but this truck is annoying to leave passengers and run into a store or the house.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:19 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by DarkJuJu
Does anyone know how to shut off the beep when you leave the D running with the key fob in your possession? My Buick never beeped, but this truck is annoying to leave passengers and run into a store or the house.
Obviously that's not a great idea either. Not to preach, but if an adult is in the car with you then they should run out if you must leave the car running. If only kids are in the car then you ought to turn it off before getting out, and leave the ACC on if they need to watch/hear something. A few extra cranks on the starter won't hurt anything.

And here's another scenario. Let's say you go in somewhere with the car running and you empty a pocket for some reason and wind up leaving your keys. Do you really want to get in your car and drive off only to not be able to start it again after you get 100 (or whatever) miles away???

Old 05-14-2014, 04:22 PM
DarkJuJu

Originally Posted by JRRF
Obviously that's not a great idea either. Not to preach, but if an adult is in the car with you then they should run out if you must leave the car running. If only kids are in the car then you ought to turn it off before getting out, and leave the ACC on if they need to watch/hear something. A few extra cranks on the starter won't hurt anything.

And here's another scenario. Let's say you go in somewhere with the car running and you empty a pocket for some reason and wind up leaving your keys. Do you really want to get in your car and drive off only to not be able to start it again after you get 100 (or whatever) miles away???
Well my wife and co-workers are hardly children but i understand what you were trying to convey. I could just take the key out of my pocket and leave it with the vehicle but it still beeps. I am hoping someone knows a way to shut this off.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:05 AM
JRRF
Captain

Well my wife and co-workers are hardly children but i understand what you were trying to convey. I could just take the key out of my pocket and leave it with the vehicle but it still beeps. I am hoping someone knows a way to shut this off.
And you're not sending your wife into the store because....? ;-)

Anyway, if you leave the key in the car and it still beeps you have a warranty issue. Because that would imply that the car beeps while you are sitting at traffic lights too.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:43 PM
humyz
Professional

yes, I want to disable the beeping, not the safety feature

Quick Reply: Seatbelt Alarm Disable?