3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Any one intrested in Ordering LED for their Durango? Follow the links below...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:25 PM
shawnpaul303
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Any one intrested in Ordering LED for their Durango? Follow the links below...

Here are some kool links from iJDMtoy.com. Here's the link for each light that I have replaced.

White License Plate LED Lights: https://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDet...5SMT_T10_SKU11

HID Headlight Kit with error free decoder:
https://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDet...Conversion_Kit

LED Fog Lights (NO KIT REQUIRED), 6000K:
https://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDet...OG_5202_SKU_4E

Ultra White backup LED lights:
https://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDet...8SMD_T10_SKU18

Let me know if you have any questions.

SP

Old 10-18-2011, 02:11 AM
shawnpaul303
Amateur

Will post pictures when it's completed.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
kingofwylietx
Professional

The license plate lights will certainly work fine, since they don't need to be that bright.

However, the other lights are all toys. But, to their credit, their name is jdmTOY.

Nobody on this earth can make an LED insert that will output anything close to what is needed for real bulbs. The fog light bulbs you posted are toys and should not be purchased by anyone that will ever need real fog lights. If you will never need your fog lights and want to have a different color output for them, then these inserts may be for you.

Same with the backup lights. They are cheap Chinese toy bulbs that are not going to provide useful illumination. If you always use the backup camera, this may not be as important because the camera doesn't seem to need as much light.

LED lights that are useful for illumination will require a decent heat sink. The LED's they show in the pictures are cheap, cheap, cheap. That is not what a nice emitter looks like. I can point you to some nice LED's if you would like to see them. They will be built into their own separate housing, they are not 'bulb replacements'.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:16 PM
shawnpaul303
Amateur

Originally Posted by kingofwylietx
The license plate lights will certainly work fine, since they don't need to be that bright.

However, the other lights are all toys. But, to their credit, their name is jdmTOY.

Nobody on this earth can make an LED insert that will output anything close to what is needed for real bulbs. The fog light bulbs you posted are toys and should not be purchased by anyone that will ever need real fog lights. If you will never need your fog lights and want to have a different color output for them, then these inserts may be for you.

Same with the backup lights. They are cheap Chinese toy bulbs that are not going to provide useful illumination. If you always use the backup camera, this may not be as important because the camera doesn't seem to need as much light.

LED lights that are useful for illumination will require a decent heat sink. The LED's they show in the pictures are cheap, cheap, cheap. That is not what a nice emitter looks like. I can point you to some nice LED's if you would like to see them. They will be built into their own separate housing, they are not 'bulb replacements'.
I disagree . I have full and useful illumination with all my LED lights. Once I post the pics, you can check them out...Plus everyone has their own choice, I am showing what I got...that's all.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:59 PM
2011HEAT
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for posting! I'm assuming you have had good customer service through this site or you wouldn't post. How was the ordering/shipping etc?

Old 10-18-2011, 10:44 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011HEAT
I'm assuming you have had good customer service through this site or you wouldn't post. How was the ordering/shipping etc?
Can't safely assume that. Could just as easily be an advertisement thinly veiled as a post.

Last edited by IndyDurango; 10-18-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:35 PM
shawnpaul303
Amateur

Originally Posted by 2011HEAT
Thanks for posting! I'm assuming you have had good customer service through this site or you wouldn't post. How was the ordering/shipping etc?
Yes, so far I haven't had any problem with them. All of my orders have been coming in on time, they have been providing all tracking #'s for each shipment.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:39 PM
shawnpaul303
Amateur

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Can't safely assume that. Could just as easily be an advertisement thinly veiled as a post.
Lol, this is not an advertisment for the company.

I am just sharing info with fellow DD owners to get their rides look cool.
That's all. I have placed almost 5 orders with them so far and everything's on time.

You get to make the final call, I am just sharing.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:31 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its all good shawnpaul. When you get a chance, let's see a few installed photos OFF so we can see how the bulbs look installed/normal and again ON for the lighting effects.

IndyD

Old 10-20-2011, 09:31 AM
darkmanrob85
Amateur

superbrightleds.com is way cheaper than ijdmtoy.com

Quick Reply: Any one intrested in Ordering LED for their Durango? Follow the links below...