3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

loud noise when shift trans

Old 10-25-2011, 01:01 PM
alishair@pepsioman.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loud noise when shift trans

hi guys,
i bought a crew lux back in July, had a major defect in the sunroof took 2 months of battling with dealer here to fix it.
now i have another problem i believe. Well i hear a loud clicking noise when shifting trans from D to P and from R to P. i was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same. If so what is the remedy for it?
i am suspect there could be a defect from the factory, but unfortunetely dodge is hiding the problem,
Appreciate any feedback,

regards

Old 10-25-2011, 02:31 PM
jrockwell
Rookie

When we test drove a V8 citadel I noticed this noise/jerk too. Reminded of me of the Jeep Wranglers when shifting into reverse 4x4.

We refused to buy that car, despite the dealer taking $12,000 off MSRP (it had a load of other "bugs" which almost made us NOT buy a D3)

Old 10-25-2011, 10:36 PM
dnakon

Mine does the same thing when going into park, figured it was normal....also noticed a slight jerk almost like diff catching when shifting at about 9 - 11 mph at slower take off. At higher RPM it does not happen.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:44 AM
fuzzyb
Rookie

Have not noticed this in our V6 (AWD).
My Lincoln LS does something like this. Don't know if this will work on the Durango but what I do is regardless if I am in Drive or Reverse, I shift the car into Neutral for a second or two (to take the load off the drive train). Then I shift it into Park. This helps a lot on my car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: loud noise when shift trans