3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 Citidel Headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 02:39 AM
johnny80s
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Citidel Headlight issue

Ok...had the truck a couple of days and it seems great. But one small issue. The automatic headlights are not going on. Yes its set to "A". Its pitch black out and still not going on. Dealership has no idea. They said that the Ipass may be interfering with it. Anybody else have an idea?

Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Sun sensor (light sensor) could be bad and therefore doesn't 'know' when it gets dark.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:56 PM
crew man
Amateur

Had the same issue with my 12 Crew, V-6, AWD...autolamps quit working at night time....Two days later, the battery light came on then went off.....Later that day, the battery light was on steady....took to dealership...diagnosis was....charged battery as voltage was low...performed alternator output test...requires new alternator....bad diode....wait 10 days for parts to arrive....replaced alternator....battery light out....autolamps working again....apperently if voltage drops below a certain threshold, the computers will shut down items such as autolamps to conserve battery juice to keep the engine running as long as possible.....this info was from the dealership tech....

Old 05-11-2012, 08:17 PM
JRRF
Captain

I find this feature novel, if useless anyway. When the auto feature is on, the lights constantly dim every time I come to a streetlamp, or even a road sign that I get a reflection off of. It's "smart", but not smart enough. And if someone approaches with their brights on, mine go off, but if they don't dim, I can't flash them. It's a great idea that needs some work. You also should be able to turn the feature on and off without having to go into Park.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:34 PM
real_texan
Amateur

Originally Posted by JRRF
I find this feature novel, if useless anyway. When the auto feature is on, the lights constantly dim every time I come to a streetlamp, or even a road sign that I get a reflection off of. It's "smart", but not smart enough. And if someone approaches with their brights on, mine go off, but if they don't dim, I can't flash them. It's a great idea that needs some work. You also should be able to turn the feature on and off without having to go into Park.
You don't have to park to turn the feature on and off. You can do it on the fly while driving. Just pull level towards you to turn off. Away from you o turn back on. Info display will show if auto high beams are on or off.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:03 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by real_texan
You don't have to park to turn the feature on and off. You can do it on the fly while driving. Just pull level towards you to turn off. Away from you o turn back on. Info display will show if auto high beams are on or off.
That only turns the the highbeams on/off, but they remain in whatever mode you have set (that you must do while parked). If they are in auto mode, they will always be there when you turn on the highbeams, until you reset them with the evic system.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 PM
coldsteel
Captain

Originally Posted by JRRF
Yes you can flash them. You have to do it in 2 motions. Pull the stalk back to center to disengage the highbeams and then pull the stalk rearward to activate the 'flash to pass'. If you pull the stalk from the forward position (high beam) straight through to the rearward position the highs will disengage, but the flash to pass feature will not enable. It's just a quirk.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:10 PM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by coldsteel
Yes you can flash them. You have to do it in 2 motions. Pull the stalk back to center to disengage the highbeams and then pull the stalk rearward to activate the 'flash to pass'. If you pull the stalk from the forward position (high beam) straight through to the rearward position the highs will disengage, but the flash to pass feature will not enable. It's just a quirk.
By the time I do all that in the right sequence, the jerk blinding me is long gone. :-(

Old 05-13-2012, 01:05 PM
coldsteel
Captain

I know that...I certainly didn't say it was fast. No need to ask how I found out these details.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:01 PM
johnny80s

update...finally brought the truck in...they replaced the sensor on the dash...works all good now..ez fix

Quick Reply: 2012 Citidel Headlight issue