3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Assistance on Mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:39 PM
bennekm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assistance on Mods

I got my wife a Black R/T in June that so far only has 20" SRT-10 wheels and tinted windows. She wants it to sound like my mustang...any thoughts on the best and loudest sounding exhaust (without being annoying for the kids sitting in the 3rd row)? I've heard the clips online for Flowmaster, Magnaflow, and Borla...they all sound pretty tame and not a whole lot different than stock. Anyone have one of these systems and what are your thoughts? Any one else have thoughts on the Dynomax system or Gibson?

Also, what other mods are actually noticiable for daily driving? I looked at the HP curves for CAI and not sure you'd even know it's there. Thoughts? Anything else that isn't crazy expensive that is worth investing in?

As for appearance, she wants red caliper covers and red hash marks on the side. She also wants to get a red interior kit. Anyone buy and install one of these? Wondering if it looks like a cheap sticker and if it is too much being red.

Thanks!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:42 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my Flowmaster system, not too loud inside but great tone imo and grabbed it for like $565 shipped from performance peddler. The Volant intake works well in conjunction with it and I love the look of the caliper covers on my ride. Good luck...

Quick Reply: Assistance on Mods