3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 01:27 PM
adbutz
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Splash guards

I recently acquired the molded splash guards for the durango. The rears went on with ease but the fronts don't seem to line up properly. Anyone else experience this?

Old 08-26-2012, 03:01 PM
kingofwylietx
Professional

Yes, it's a pain.....but they do fit. I thought I got the wrong ones and had them re-order the fronts. You'll have to work to get them lined up and installed. It's been discussed here before, you can search for the thread and read up on it.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:03 PM
coldsteel
Captain
Old 08-27-2012, 10:30 AM
adbutz
Rookie

Ok....
at least I'm not the only one who didn't think they sent the right ones. The rears fit perfect so I expected the fronts would be much the same.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Solphurious
Professional

I have an R/T and the dealer kept telling me that the splash gaurds did not work on the front of the R/T. Well, they do. It just takes a little patience. There is a screw that goes into the rocker through the bottom of the splash gaurd. This screw will pull the rocker down tight against the splash gaurd. It is counter intuitive but it works and fits well.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 PM
adbutz
Rookie

Well not wanting to damage my vehicle I took my splash guards into dodge to have them install them. Well how did they do? F is the letter that would best describe it. they installed them in a manner I could have done myself. There was a half inch gap near the bottom!!! I was wondering if anyone could post a picture of their fronts so I can show the service manager what they actually should look like.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 PM
adbutz
Rookie

Solphurius Thanks for the reply I will tell the service manager how they should be done.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 PM
viper1966

Originally Posted by adbutz
Well not wanting to damage my vehicle I took my splash guards into dodge to have them install them. Well how did they do? F is the letter that would best describe it. they installed them in a manner I could have done myself. There was a half inch gap near the bottom!!! I was wondering if anyone could post a picture of their fronts so I can show the service manager what they actually should look like.
See attached pic. Can only upload low res image.
PM me if you want a better pic.

Attached Thumbnails Splash guards-splash-guard.jpg  

Quick Reply: Splash guards