3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Citadel Grille Install???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 AM
rlrayl11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Citadel Grille Install???

Hello all,

Just picked up a new Durango Crew w/ the hemi this past weekend for the wife. I've already ordered the Citadel grille to go with and wanted to see if anybody on here has done the switch. I'm sure some of you guys have converted to a Citadel grille so any tips on the install? I would like to do it myself, but if it's a pain, I'd rather have the dealer do it. Looking online I found that it should take about 0.8 hrs to complete. I can live with paying the dealer that but like I said, I like to do this kind of stuff myself. Looking at the instrucitons I found, they state that a rivet gun is needed for the install. Anybody able to do this without one? If not, sounds like I will be having the dealer do it.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:12 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta drop the bumper to get to the bolts so i'm sure its a bit of work!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:53 PM
rlrayl11

Dealer qouted me $55 for the install, which is a lot lower than I expected, so I'm just going to have them do it.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:52 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Part cost?

Not bad, what did the part cost?

I am thinking i need to spring for a set of those chrome door handles but would really like to see if the aftermarket ones look ok or if they are a cheesy.

The side of my crew is just a big slab of True Blue Pearl. Needs something to break it up.

Steve

Old 10-19-2012, 09:22 PM
rlrayl11

The grille was roughly $300 after shipping.

I went ahead and went with some chrome door handle covers. The 2013 we looked at had the chrome door handles, but we ended up getting a 2012 which didn't. The 2013 didn't have all the options we wanted, and the 2012 did, the only difference on the outside was the 2012 did not have the chrome door handles (We ended up getting a much better deal on the 2012 though). The dealer quoted me $400 for the handles and over $300 to install. That was just too much just for handles so I figured I'd save myself $700 and just get the chrome covers. They definitely make the Durango look a lot better in my opinion and they don't look cheesy at all, it looks factory. Give them a shot, if you don't like them during your test fit, don't stick them on and send them back.

Quick Reply: Citadel Grille Install???