3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Weather sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Siggy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weather sensor?

Ill admit I havnt read the manual so if this is something everyone knows abou then excuse me. Its snowing and cold in NY today. I left the heat on before I last turned off the D. I hit automatic start and when I got in the car a few minutes later noticed the front and rear defrosters were on and the drivers side heated seat. Thought it was cool but strange. Took a quick trip and when I got back in it did the same thing. Is there some type of weather sensor that detects cold or snow on windshield?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 PM
St.Char
Professional

There are built-in comfort features added to the remote start. Depending on the weather and options you have, these features are designed to either heat or add cool comfort features in the cabin.

Sorry to hear about the storm, hope you are somewhere safe and warm...

Old 11-08-2012, 06:26 AM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think if the temperature is under 30 degrees the defrosters and seat heaters come on.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Siggy

This is an awesome feature. Had to get up at the but crack of dawn for work and I started the D while getting dressed. By the time I got in the defrosters had made slush out of the ice on the windows and the inside was warm and toasty. I love this truck more everyday. St. Char, thanks we are used to this kind of weather. Just a few inches and some cold wind.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:58 PM
VenomR/T
Amateur

My heated seats and defrosters turn on when its below 40°, at least that is what I have noticed so far.

Quick Reply: Weather sensor?