3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Possible 2012 JGC recall... wonder if it relates to our D's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 PM
SUNBURNTsnype
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible 2012 JGC recall... wonder if it relates to our D's?

http://www.insideline.com/jeep/grand...fire-risk.html

I know this is old, from July 2012, but I just heard about it. And I'm wondering since the JGC and Durango are so closely related (and built at the same factory if I'm not mistaken), if we may have the same power steering return hoses in our 2012 Durangos as these 2012 JGC's? I know logic dictates that if it was an issue with our vehicles, they would have mentioned them by name, buts once they're so closely related, I started wondering if this possibly affects us as well? Any thoughts...

Old 11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SUNBURNTsnype
http://www.insideline.com/jeep/grand...fire-risk.html

I know this is old, from July 2012, but I just heard about it. And I'm wondering since the JGC and Durango are so closely related (and built at the same factory if I'm not mistaken), if we may have the same power steering return hoses in our 2012 Durangos as these 2012 JGC's? I know logic dictates that if it was an issue with our vehicles, they would have mentioned them by name, buts once they're so closely related, I started wondering if this possibly affects us as well? Any thoughts...

The NHTSA investigation is still open and nothing has been determined at this point. There has been no reports to NHTSA of a Durango experiencing this problem according to their website NHTSA.gov.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 PM
bbtkd
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So even if they use the same faulty part there would be no recall if no one reports it on a Durango?

Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bbtkd
So even if they use the same faulty part there would be no recall if no one reports it on a Durango?
There has been no determination of any faulty part. Are the 2 reports isolated incidents? Was the hose rubbing on something? Were the connections not tighten properly? Was an aftermarket part or accessory installed that caused the failure? Were they damaged due to a collision? Was there even a failure?

Could a faulty part used on multiple vehicle lines be recalled? It certainly could, but before anyone jumps to a recall, the cause of what happened must be determined and I point to the government website because their investigation is still open.

Quick Reply: Possible 2012 JGC recall... wonder if it relates to our D's?