3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Do you recommend me to buy new 3rd Gen Durango?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:40 AM
LMADurango13
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you recommend me to buy new 3rd Gen Durango?

Hello every one

I become a member in this lovely form before getting the car. I have made all the process to buy 2013 Durango crew (white) with monthly installment but want to know from the owners the following:
1- Do you recommmend me to buy this vehicles?
2- Has any one faced any problem with the car?
3- Do any of you know some drewbacks or problems with this vehicles?

thank you very much for your help and cooperation

Old 11-20-2012, 02:00 PM
MJNewman
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ive had mine almost a year now. I drove last weekend from Las Vegas to Oxnard CA
(330 miles) and still had over a 1/4 tank left and only cost $65 to fill in CA. My MPG was 20 overall so for a huge vehicle with a V8 I feel its great. My daughter loves the vehicle as well. I have even autocrossed my R/T and actually was faster than all other trucks and sport compacts even having 22" wheels.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:26 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMA> You might want to tell us a bit about yourself and what you want in a vehicle for better feedback. That said, my feedback:

1 - After 7000 miles I would recommend it.
2 - Not a single problem or issue.
3 - Drawbacks? I have a loaded crew v6 awd. While I enjoy getting up to 25mpg, it is really underpowered. I would get the V8 if I could do it again. You really need to ask yourself if you need an SUV. For myself, a minivan would have been a more practical, less expensive, more fuel efficient choice. But my wife has one already and I just could not go from a Nissan Maxima to a minivan. I felt that the Durango had better handling than the Explorer, Pilot, and Acadia that I compared it to.

Also if I had it to do over again, I would factory order exactly what I want, rather than trying to find one on a lot. I bought a color that I had not seen in person and wish I would have followed my original gut and cancelled it upon seeing what Blue Pearl looks like in person. One should not compromise when spending nearly 40k on a vehicle. If what you really want is 2k more, get it.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:48 PM
adbutz
Rookie

I purchased a new 2012 durango rt in July. Its the worst decision I have made in terms of buying a new vehicle. I now have 8000kms and the vehicle has been in the shop at least 10 times. These are the issues I have experienced so far!

Steering wheel wobble/vibration at highway speeds(still not fixed... informed its the tires. Dodge won't replace them.)
Vehicle pulled to the right(took 8 alignments and two weeks to fix.)
Moulding around windshield warped(repaired two weeks ago).
Ceiling panel popped out(repaired two weeks ago).
Uconnect is unpredicatable and will not link to Apple products(told there is no fix at this time)
Tranny has slipped into neutral a couple times and some highway driveabilty(jerks) issues(PCM update we will see if it is fixed or not).
Numerous rattles and squeaks
Stereo blows
Mileage is terrible(knew this going into purchase though).
Clunk in rear end going over modest sized bumps(has improved as shocks have broken in but still noticeable.
Paint issues from factory. Appears metal flakes fell into the paint during painting process(complained to two dealerships have not recieved a call informing me what they are going to do). There is metal exposed which I'm just waiting for it to rust.

I would never purchase a Durango again. Too many issues in so little time.

Last edited by adbutz; 11-21-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:14 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have mine for about 8 months now, very happy overall. As stated above I also see around 20 mpg on the highway with my Hemi V8, lots of room, the kids love the RES set up and i'm very happy with the nav and other tech in the vehicle. No car is perfect I've come out of two 3 series BMW's and a Ram SRT-10 in the last 10 years and I would definately recommend the Durango for the money!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Trace3rd
Professional

Like WI-STEVE said, it depends on your requirements. We wanted a 3 row crossover, and we wanted a V8, if you do a search with that criteria, you really only have one option. But after 6 months and 6k miles, as far as im concerned its a good option.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Waynead
Veteran

I came out of a Mercedes ML and wanted something a little bigger with better towing capacity. I'm very happy with the Durango. I've had it for four months and 4800 miles.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 PM
2011SilverCrew

I got a crew with the 6 in it and I enjoy the hell out of it.. avg 19 miles in town and if you know the fort worth area I drive north 820 loop twice a day (speed tops out at 25 on that road) .. I get 24.5 mpgs on the highway. I have put a little over 10000 miles since June. The only thing I would have done different would be is I would gotten the dealer to paint the trim pieces to match.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:32 PM
HeMiDD305
Professional

I've had mine almost two years and after 17,000 miles I've only had very minor issues. A little vibration toward the rear of the roof while in motion. I've driven from Miami to New Orleans to NC and back to Miami and it has turned out wonderful

Old 11-22-2012, 10:23 AM
dougieb2

The op wont care about gas consumption. Anybody know how cheap gas is here in Saudi Arabia? But strangely they do still sell V6s.

The worst thing about buying any Chrysler product in Saudi is the sole importer /dealer United Motors. My 8 month old Crew Lux with 8000km on the clock was off the road for 7 weeks having the transmission rebuilt. I had to fight tooth and nail to get a loan car.

I've got the steering vibration. I've got the transmission shudder at light throttle highway cruising. I've got the harsh clunk from D to P and I've got the loud clicking noises from underneath at low speeds.

Would i recommend a 3rd gen Durango to a freind? No. Am I looking forward to seeing what the 2014 model brings to the party. Oh yes.

Quick Reply: Do you recommend me to buy new 3rd Gen Durango?