3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Delete tracks or albums with 430N stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Delete tracks or albums with 430N stereo?

I have a 2012 D with the 430N stereo. Anyone know if there's a way to delete individual tracks or albums from the hard drive? The only file manager function i have found is to delete the entire library.

Thanks
Steve

Old 11-21-2012, 04:05 PM
JRRF
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you got it right. Your music is your music, so what you upload you have until you blow it all away. If you alter what's on your usb drive and then re-upload, you'll get what you're looking for.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:04 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Darn

I was hoping I was just missing something. I have been uploading CDs into the system one at a time (everything in my iTunes ripped from my own CDs was in the proprietary apple format) and wouldn't mind deleting a few tracks now and then.

Note to DodgeCares guy: you might want to pass this on to your engineering dept. It would seem to me that this should be a simple improvement for the software people to make.

Steve

Old 11-22-2012, 08:37 AM
JRRF
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wi-steve

Note to DodgeCares guy: you might want to pass this on to your engineering dept. It would seem to me that this should be a simple improvement for the software people to make.

Steve
Couldn't agree with you more on this. There are lots of additional controls I'd like to see in the UI. It would also be nice if the album art actually worked.

When you play an album, you can always select "all", and then unselect certain tracks.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by wi-steve
I was hoping I was just missing something. I have been uploading CDs into the system one at a time (everything in my iTunes ripped from my own CDs was in the proprietary apple format) and wouldn't mind deleting a few tracks now and then.

Steve
Steve,

The new generation of D's that are coming out next year will have all new radios with much greater functionality and hopefully this functionality is part of the new package.

Quick Reply: Delete tracks or albums with 430N stereo?