3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Worth buying?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Waynead
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the other Wayne above, I very happy with my D after 4 months and 5k miles. I was driving Mercedes MLs for years and wanted something a little bigger that could tow our Airstream. The only other choice for me was a Mercedes GL and the price did it. Because it is built on the same platform as the Mercedes, I felt very comfortable with the D right off the bat.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM
mindspin

I didn't know about the transmission issue and the introduction of the new 8 speed next year. I was thinking of trading in now only because my Explorer will drop in value and the price of a MY14 will be more than a MY13.

That with the 8.4 NAV, I know I would be annoyed in 6 months with the refresh.

I think I am going to wait. Thanks for all the input.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 AM
cjlucas78
Rookie

Originally Posted by mindspin
Hi, I just found this forum last week and I was lurking around reading the posts. I signed up because a I had a question about the possibility of buying a 2013 Durango.

I've had a little history with Dodge products in the past. I started with a 2005 300c then traded that in for 2007 300c SRT-8. The SRT was the most amazing car I have ever owned. I had to turn around and sell the car due to a purchasing a house and needed a car that I could use year round. The SRT was terrible in even a dusting of snow. I miss that car all the time.

I currently drive a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT and it's not the best SUV/CAR I've driven. Microsoft SYNC has been buggy since day 1, the v6 is too weak, A-pillar rattle, just a mess.

I am looking at a 2013 Durango R/T for about 38k. I am hesitant for a few reasons. From what I have read 14MY the interior is getting a redesign including a new radio, and have seen that Dodge is discontinuing the Durango after 2016?

I'm trying to see what other people really think about their Durango's
Prior to my 2012 Durango I have 2 Mercury Mountaineers (same as the Explorer). I love the Durango, smoother ride, lots of room and the gas mileage is a lot better as well.

As for Discontinuing it after 2016, just look at the past, they always say/do that and then bring it back 1-2 years later, haha.

Quick Reply: Worth buying?