3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Is a lighting wire diagram available?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Norge
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is a lighting wire diagram available?

I have found out that I will be moving to the United Kingdom about a year from now. I have lived there before and imported a vehicle. The lighting requires an amber turn signal and rear fog light. The fog light is easy to add, however the rear amber turn signal will be a little more tricky. I can convert the reverse light locations into the turn signals, however I need to separate the power feed. Currently, the rear taillight receives both the turn signal and brake light power via the same wire. I'm trying to find a wire diagram or information on where/if the power feeds are still separate?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 PM
coldsteel
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard of folks going through the same thing with Chargers and what they ended up having to do was tapping off the FRONT turn signal for the rear turn signal power/flash. I'm not sure how they got around the combo stop/turn lamps though.

Total WAG:

2011+ Jeep GCs were exported to the EU so there has to be a harness and sales code that could be swapped to get you the right behavior, but you need to install the amber turn signal yourself and then splice off the connector to feed the park/tail lamps, brake lamps, and turn signal lamp.

Are you gone forever? Would it be easier to buy a beater there to leave behind?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:50 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The Country Code can be changed in all of the modules with a scan tool. Start there then assess what, if anything else needs to be done.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 PM
CMil527
Champion

I'm sure dodge cares will chime in on this!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Norge
Professional

coldsteel: I've thought of pulling the signal from the front, but like you mentioned I'd have to still find and cut the turn signal from the brake lights. I had been trying to research the Euro Grand Cherokee's but there's no info I could find and I'd be in the same boat as mine of tracing the wire harness routing since it's going to be routed with other wiring as well.
I plan to keep the Durango since it'll only cost me about $1200 each way for shipping/customs release. (I'd easily pay more than that for a questionable reliable beater) Plus I need to keep the 7 seat capability and having the extra space will be handy. Since it's currently for 3 years, it'll be worth the troubles of converting and costs.

Changing the country code is interesting, however I wonder how much other settings would be changed with it? Also, since the Durango is not made for the UK, would there even be a setting for it? As I intend to bring it back, I'm hoping I can just find the rear turn signal source and rewire it for the duration of my stay there. Just sucks that my sequential turn signals will not be able to be used there.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Norge
Professional

I'm still on the hunt for any sort of decent wiring info for the D.

I have found that TechAuthority site now lists a 81-370-11058A-CD* 2011 Dodge Durango Service Information CD (English): https://www.techauthority.com/en-US/...x?itemID=91578

However, it also states that "IT DOES NOT CONTAIN THE TRADITIONAL WIRING DIAGRAM INFORMATION." So I don't want to spend $130ish dollars just to find out it doesn't have what I need. Does anyone know how many of the modules the WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the D have in common? I have found a link to the WK2's external lighting wiring diagram which shows good information for wiring coming off the "Module-Body Control": http://www.wk2jeeps.com/pdf/2014_wk_...ng_diagram.pdf

I've tried on the parts sites like chryslerfactoryparts to see if I could find this part to see if the WK2 and D share this or not, but can't really find out any solid info. I don't even know where it's located, doesn't help that right now I'm in the UK and my D is still back in the US for the next month or so.

Quick Reply: Is a lighting wire diagram available?