3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

430 Media center dvd brightness?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Frohoss
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 430 Media center dvd brightness?

I have a 2012 Crew with a 430 Media center radio with a Mygig Lockpick installed. Anyone know how to adjust the movie brightness of the screen when a dvd is playing?

I know you can adjust the brightness of the screen/dash when a dvd is not being watched. My problem is while driving at night and a dvd is playing on the front screen it's overwhelmingly too bright. Can't figure out how to dim it so the movie isn't so bright.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Frohoss
I have a 2012 Crew with a 430 Media center radio with a Mygig Lockpick installed. Anyone know how to adjust the movie brightness of the screen when a dvd is playing?

I know you can adjust the brightness of the screen/dash when a dvd is not being watched. My problem is while driving at night and a dvd is playing on the front screen it's overwhelmingly too bright. Can't figure out how to dim it so the movie isn't so bright.

Thanks in advance.

Frohoss,

I was able to review this for you, as per the 2012 Dodge Durango, Owner's Manual, page 381 of the Second Edition, "When watching a video source (DVD Video with the disc in Play mode, AUX Video, SIRIUS Backseat TV, Etc.) pressing the remote control's SETUP button activates the Display Settings menu. These settings control the appearance of the video on the screen. The factory default settings are already set to optimum viewing, so there is no need to change these settings under normal circumstances."

I hope this helps, but if you need additional assistance feel free to PM me!

Old 12-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Frohoss
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
Frohoss,

I was able to review this for you, as per the 2012 Dodge Durango, Owner's Manual, page 381 of the Second Edition, "When watching a video source (DVD Video with the disc in Play mode, AUX Video, SIRIUS Backseat TV, Etc.) pressing the remote control's SETUP button activates the Display Settings menu. These settings control the appearance of the video on the screen. The factory default settings are already set to optimum viewing, so there is no need to change these settings under normal circumstances."

I hope this helps, but if you need additional assistance feel free to PM me!
Thanks Katie! I'll check into this and hope it works. Happy New Year!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Katie! I'll check into this and hope it works. Happy New Year!

You're Welcome Frohoss! Happy New Year to you too. I hope this helped you.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Thanks in advance.
Not sure where you live, but in most places you're not allowed to have video displaying on the front screen while driving. If you were ever involved in an accident and a witness said you had a movie playing, you could be found at fault, even if you truly weren't.

Quick Reply: 430 Media center dvd brightness?