2012 durango r/t 730n issue with hard drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 durango r/t 730n issue with hard drive

Hey Guys.

I was looking at purchasing the Nav2 or lockpick for my car and started to pay some more attention to space on my radio and adding movies for the kids, addding LCD to back etc etc. While doing so, Im noticed I had 11GB free but had not personal files on there. So Im thinking how I can only have 11GB, I have no personal data on there. As you know, this unit comes with a 40GB system and all the software uses up 20GB of this and on the window sticker it even states this.

We after research on some forums, it turns out it is more common that we think and some 2012 models were installed with a 2011 730n that only is a 30GB system and would show 11GB free.

Opened case with Dodge, they contacted dealer and had me bring my car in for review, this is my favorite part....The techinication stated that with ther amount of updates on these systems thats why I only show 11GB. So I then explained, in 12 months I have had another 9GB of updates, so I should I come back and add antother hard drive in 12 months when the other 11gb is used, "you fg moron"!!!!

Anywho, it has now been escalted up through case management with chrysler\dodge and I hope to have some better answer today. Like anything, if you pay for something you darn well should get what you pay for and listening to the idiots are the dealrship is not going to achieve anything. Sometimes its like calling the helpdesk and getting india, it just automaticall puts you in a bad mood without even speaking. I will update when I have more news on this.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My persistence paid off

After several calls back and forth with person working my case and allot of research online, I sent emails with research to Service Manager, General Manager and of course multiple recorded calls with Dodge, the Area Manager finally said we need to replace my radio and let se if this fixes the problem. But like I said I know this will take care of the issue and of course get the correct radio in there that was supposed to be put in there in the first place.

Quick Reply: 2012 durango r/t 730n issue with hard drive