3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2nd Row Console

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Akfinest
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2nd Row Console

I have a 2013 Durango R/T with the 2nd Row Captain Chairs and would like to add the optional 2nd row console. The dealership is willing to order the console but they are not sure if can istall it or how to do the install. It looks to me that the folding arms of the 2nd row seats need to be removed and the bolt or stud that attaches the arms to the seat need to be removed (and cover the holes somehow). Anyone have done this to their Durango?

Old 01-15-2013, 07:57 AM
coldsteel
Captain

I do believe that the captains chairs with console are completely different than the captains chairs without console. I don't believe it's as easy as just installing the console and pulling the armrests. Good luck.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 PM
J6L
Rookie

I believe 'cold steel' is correct that this is not going to be an easy install. I don't believe the wiring for the power outlets nor the cup holders is present. At any rate good luck and please let us know how you made out should you undertake this project.

Last edited by J6L; 01-16-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Clifford R/T
Veteran

The demo we had waiting for our truck to be delivered had the large console. The truck we bought has the mini console and I agree with the guys The dealer told me I could add it but it is a beeeotch. We love the mini console because the kids can walk into the back seat. good luck

Quick Reply: 2nd Row Console