3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Check engine light, but no codes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM
NUTTS12CREW
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light, but no codes?

2012 Crew 3.6 with a check engine light, and no codes after ti do the key trick. This is after the dealer "reprogrammed" it after I brought it in for a Cyl 2 misfire, then a week later got the small evap leak aka gas cap supposedly. 3 days after that light, it comes on and no codes? What gives?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:03 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NUTTS12CREW
2012 Crew 3.6 with a check engine light, and no codes after ti do the key trick. This is after the dealer "reprogrammed" it after I brought it in for a Cyl 2 misfire, then a week later got the small evap leak aka gas cap supposedly. 3 days after that light, it comes on and no codes? What gives?
NUTTS12CREW,

Have you contacted your dealer back since the light has come back on? Does the light come on intermittently? I would suggest advising your dealer of your concern for further diagnostics. If you have any other inquiries or are seeking additional assistance, feel free to PM me.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:02 PM
NUTTS12CREW
Amateur

I have not contacted the dealer back just yet. I was waiting for my "3 driving cycles" as they advised me, to clear it if it was the gas cap again. Each time it has come on, I have had it scanned at Auto Zone and each time it is the misfire. When I brought it in the second time, the dealer told me all that was there was the evap code. If the light does not go off on the drive home, i will be going directly to the dealer in the morning. Is there a TSB or any bulletin about the heads being replaced that I can bring with me as ammo?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

The gas cap code also throws a light on the dash that shows gas cap being loose. If there is a misfire code it has nothing to do with the evap code. Ask Autozone to give you code number and description
STEVE

Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 AM
NUTTS12CREW
Amateur

Thanks FST, I understand that. I have had 2 codes on 2 different occasions. Both times Auto Zone told me it was multiple cylinder 2 misfires. The first time I brought it in to the dealer, they flashed the PCM and marked it under the hood. The second time they told me it was the gas cap, even though Auto Zone read 3 misfires. Now I have it a third time, 3 days after they told me it was the gas cap, so I drove itthrough the "3 driving cycles" as the dealer told me it takes to clear an evap code, and the light has not gone out. I believe I am the victim of the head problem many have documented , and want some ammo to bring with me today when I tell them I want the head replaced. I have only made 2 payments on this thing and am not a happy camper. Half tempted to tell them I am returning it and want the Citedel with the Hemi.

Quick Reply: Check engine light, but no codes?