3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

I think I might need an intervention.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:58 AM
inyadreems
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrShrk
Ok, so I have owned the Durango for exactly 48 hours as of 4pm. And so far, I have purchased the following things for it:

Volant CAI
Hypertech Interceptor
Ares Nerf Bars
Sharkfin Antenna
Weathertech Floor and Cargo mats
BT Catch Can
California Car Duster
Engine cover decals
LED Fog lights
Headlight Armor

Awesome line up, except for one thing California Car Duster. I do detailing part time and strongly suggest not using it. Anything that collects dirt and tells you it works better as it gets dirtier goes against everything I know and learned. You need lubrication when washing, drying and dusting. Use a very soft ultra plush MF towels, fold in 4, wipe one panel and flip and keep turning until you used every side and then get a new one.

If you want to wipe the car down get a waterless wash and some ultra plush MF towels, not the ones at BJ's or Autozone either. Some local auto parts stores may carry them, but I have never seen them. Meguiar's makes a waterless wash that also contains wax that produces great results called wash and wax anywhere. I like Ultima, Optimum and Meguiars.

Although my mods list is slightly shorter:
AFE CAI
LED fogs
20% tint
Durango RT plate frames

Here is what was done as soon as I got home:

Rinse

Foam with foam cannon, Gilmore foam gun, Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss and 1 clean water bucket with grit guard and Griots MF wash mitt

Dry with leaf blower, Adams MF towels and Ultima WW

Apply Duragloss 501 and 601 (paint cleaner/sealant and bonding agent)with Griots Polisher and LC Red Pad, buff with Adams towels

Apply Duragloss 105 and 601 (sealant and bonding agent)with Griots Polisher and LC Blue Pad, buff with Adams towels

Apply Collonite 845 Insulator Wax (awesome wax, last very long), buff with Adams towels

Wheels:

Clean with soap and water , wheel cleaner was not necessary and should only be used on very dirty wheels. If wheels are protected with a sealant or durable wax dirt will come off with plain soap and water

Apply Duragloss 501/601 buff with Costco towels (wheels and interior)
Apply Collonite 476S (very durable paste wax) buff with Costco Towels

Interior:

Wipe down entire interior with MF towels and Megs Quick Interior Detailer
Apply Ultima Interior Guard Plus, this is an interior sealant that drys clear and protects leather plastic and vinyl. Wait a few mins and buff with MF towel and every interior texture feels like cashmere.

With this combo I am protected up until the winter. When I do a wash every 2 weeks I do my final wipe down/dry with Meguairs Synthetic Xpress Wax to boost the protection of my combo.

In the winter I will only take to hand wash and instruct them to use clean soap and water and new towels.

Sorry to hijack the thread, not sure if ^^^^^^^^ is considered a mod ..........lol

Old 04-30-2013, 08:13 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Originally Posted by inyadreems
Awesome line up, except for one thing California Car Duster. I do detailing part time and strongly suggest not using it. Anything that collects dirt and tells you it works better as it gets dirtier goes against everything I know and learned. You need lubrication when washing, drying and dusting. Use a very soft ultra plush MF towels, fold in 4, wipe one panel and flip and keep turning until you used every side and then get a new one.

If you want to wipe the car down get a waterless wash and some ultra plush MF towels, not the ones at BJ's or Autozone either. Some local auto parts stores may carry them, but I have never seen them. Meguiar's makes a waterless wash that also contains wax that produces great results called wash and wax anywhere. I like Ultima, Optimum and Meguiars.

Although my mods list is slightly shorter:
AFE CAI
LED fogs
20% tint
Durango RT plate frames

Here is what was done as soon as I got home:

Rinse

Foam with foam cannon, Gilmore foam gun, Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss and 1 clean water bucket with grit guard and Griots MF wash mitt

Dry with leaf blower, Adams MF towels and Ultima WW

Apply Duragloss 501 and 601 (paint cleaner/sealant and bonding agent)with Griots Polisher and LC Red Pad, buff with Adams towels

Apply Duragloss 105 and 601 (sealant and bonding agent)with Griots Polisher and LC Blue Pad, buff with Adams towels

Apply Collonite 845 Insulator Wax (awesome wax, last very long), buff with Adams towels

Wheels:

Clean with soap and water , wheel cleaner was not necessary and should only be used on very dirty wheels. If wheels are protected with a sealant or durable wax dirt will come off with plain soap and water

Apply Duragloss 501/601 buff with Costco towels (wheels and interior)
Apply Collonite 476S (very durable paste wax) buff with Costco Towels

Interior:

Wipe down entire interior with MF towels and Megs Quick Interior Detailer
Apply Ultima Interior Guard Plus, this is an interior sealant that drys clear and protects leather plastic and vinyl. Wait a few mins and buff with MF towel and every interior texture feels like cashmere.

With this combo I am protected up until the winter. When I do a wash every 2 weeks I do my final wipe down/dry with Meguairs Synthetic Xpress Wax to boost the protection of my combo.

In the winter I will only take to hand wash and instruct them to use clean soap and water and new towels.

Sorry to hijack the thread, not sure if ^^^^^^^^ is considered a mod ..........lol
HOLY SH%T.....so you do nothing else on the weekend??

Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 AM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohhh someone needs to come clean my rig...lol!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 AM
budoboy1
Veteran

I think OP picked the wrong place for an intervention (at least the kind he probably meant) :-)

Old 04-30-2013, 12:57 PM
V for Victory
All Star

That's it, now I have to go wash my truck after reading Inyadreams, I use Wizards Sealant ( its breathable for new paint not like Ardex sealer which is not) and a great product made by Satin Gloss "EZ Shine" for between washings and dusting! I love that stuff so much I buy it by the case of gallons and sell to all my friends who are inflicted as I am.
Link: http://www.satingloss.com/easy_shine.htm
I get a very good deal as I buy multiple cases of gallons a year, All you Jersey guys Ill bring some to the meet !

Old 04-30-2013, 01:45 PM
SlvrShrk
Professional

I am a HUGE fan of Adam's Polish products. Started using them after recommendations from Camaro5 members.

I basically do what inyadreems does. I wash truck in Dawn (using the two bucket technique- with grit guards) to remove dealer "crap". then clay bar everything, then re-wash with Adam's car wash,
Use Porter-Cable and Adam's Severe Swirl n Haze Remover
Follow with Swirl and Haze remover
then Fine Machine polish
then Machine Super Sealant
then Brilliant glaze
finally Americana Carnuba Wax

Then I drink a six pack and take Ibuprofen until I regain use of my shoulders!

I maintain with Waterless Wash and Detail Spray.

I love the borderless blonde towels from Zaino- although they are constantly on back order. No swirls with those!

I promise I do not work for them, but I really do encourage you to check out the Adam's Polish stuff...really easy to use for amatures like me. I also like their Super VRT and In and Out spray!

Old 04-30-2013, 01:59 PM
inyadreems
Veteran

Originally Posted by fintan06
HOLY SH%T.....so you do nothing else on the weekend??
Lol, I am a busy guy. That took about 3.5-4hrs. Get up early and bang it out. I actually took the day off from work to go picke her up and do the detail. If I take my Shelby to a big show or important event, I usually take the day of to spruce her up. No wife, no kids, get everything ready for the show.

Originally Posted by CMil527
Ohhh someone needs to come clean my rig...lol!
Lol..............Let me know, I am pretty booked though. I try to do 2 cars a month max, can't handle to much work. My website link is in my signature.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:35 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Originally Posted by V for Victory
That's it, now I have to go wash my truck after reading Inyadreams, I use Wizards Sealant ( its breathable for new paint not like Ardex sealer which is not) and a great product made by Satin Gloss "EZ Shine" for between washings and dusting! I love that stuff so much I buy it by the case of gallons and sell to all my friends who are inflicted as I am.
Link: http://www.satingloss.com/easy_shine.htm
I get a very good deal as I buy multiple cases of gallons a year, All you Jersey guys Ill bring some to the meet !
How much is the easy shine?
Make sure I bring extra cash
STEVE

Old 04-30-2013, 09:42 PM
inyadreems
Veteran

Originally Posted by SlvrShrk
I am a HUGE fan of Adam's Polish products. Started using them after recommendations from Camaro5 members.

I basically do what inyadreems does. I wash truck in Dawn (using the two bucket technique- with grit guards) to remove dealer "crap". then clay bar everything, then re-wash with Adam's car wash,
Use Porter-Cable and Adam's Severe Swirl n Haze Remover
Follow with Swirl and Haze remover
then Fine Machine polish
then Machine Super Sealant
then Brilliant glaze
finally Americana Carnuba Wax

Then I drink a six pack and take Ibuprofen until I regain use of my shoulders!

I maintain with Waterless Wash and Detail Spray.

I love the borderless blonde towels from Zaino- although they are constantly on back order. No swirls with those!

I promise I do not work for them, but I really do encourage you to check out the Adam's Polish stuff...really easy to use for amatures like me. I also like their Super VRT and In and Out spray!
I started out the same way, had a ton of Adams stuff but as I bought other products and tested them I began to realize that for the price there are products from other brands that are better or just as good. I no longer use their compound, polish or waxes but love their towels, applicators, detail spray, spray sealant, in and out spray and super vrt.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:13 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what are the rates for the rango??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think I might need an intervention.