DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Durango (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango-154/)
-   -   2011 Durango Citadel Hemi AWD Issues (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango/354719-2011-durango-citadel-hemi-awd-issues.html)

wildspeed 05-05-2013 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by IEWRX (Post 3013053)
As the problem has gotten worse, I started to wiggle the M25 fuse and both times I did this it started afterward. Once right up, and a second seperate time a little hesitation but started on the first try after that.

It is doing it now cold or hot, does not matter. Scheduled an appointment for Monday at the dealer boy will I be tired, but it is bad now and gotta get it looked at. Why did it not happen before I went over the basic mileage.

Starting to doubt my thought of a 2014 Durango purchase to replace this one.....

Look like we are having the same issue.
Did try M25 and J17 without any conclusive result...when it start with hesitation it feel like it run on "5 cylinders"?

IEWRX 05-06-2013 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by wildspeed (Post 3013074)
Look like we are having the same issue.
Did try M25 and J17 without any conclusive result...when it start with hesitation it feel like it run on "5 cylinders"?

Sometime it would have a rough idle. Took it in this morning so see what they say. They suspect the alarm system.... Had to give the guy that took me home the second key.

IEWRX 05-06-2013 08:08 PM

Ok took it in this morning and of course when I got in to take it over, no problem. At the dealer started no problem. Anyway, got a call from the dealer about 11:43 stating the it was done and they did a flash per TSB 08-053-11 looks like that is for the alarm system. About 50" later got a call back from the dealer and it was not starting, it actually acted up there. About 2:40 they called back and stated they replaced the push button start and programmed. So far it has been started twice and no issues. The adviser said this is the first time he has seen the push button needing to be replaced. It was diagnosed as push button module/adapted loss of signal.

While I was there had the radio/Nav flash done and it is at least holding my home in the NAV.

FSTDANGO3 05-06-2013 08:29 PM

Good to hear keep us posted

wildspeed 05-06-2013 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by IEWRX (Post 3013868)
Ok took it in this morning and of course when I got in to take it over, no problem. At the dealer started no problem. Anyway, got a call from the dealer about 11:43 stating the it was done and they did a flash per TSB 08-053-11 looks like that is for the alarm system. About 50" later got a call back from the dealer and it was not starting, it actually acted up there. About 2:40 they called back and stated they replaced the push button start and programmed. So far it has been started twice and no issues. The adviser said this is the first time he has seen the push button needing to be replaced. It was diagnosed as push button module/adapted loss of signal.

While I was there had the radio/Nav flash done and it is at least holding my home in the NAV.

I wonder if they took out the push button and try to start with the key...?
Hopefully that was the issue, but doesn't really explain the intermitent rought idling when the car does start...

FSTDANGO3 05-06-2013 10:02 PM

Not sure where I read it, but I did read somewhere else that there have been communication issues within some of these cars with push buttons and RF signaled systems.
Some are being affected by radio interferences from other devices.
The button is simply a switch...the module it activates communicates with the ecm and TIPM module
STEVE

IEWRX 05-07-2013 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by wildspeed (Post 3013927)
I wonder if they took out the push button and try to start with the key...?
Hopefully that was the issue, but doesn't really explain the intermitent rought idling when the car does start...

Did not go into how they came up with this diagnosis, but he had the tech go over right away when it would not start. I am guessing that the loss of power prevented it from fully starting, maybe somehow effecting the MDS on start-up and not firing all the cylinders when it thought it was not in MDS mode.

IEWRX 05-07-2013 10:44 AM

Oh well so much for that. Did same thing three times this morning. Guess it is back to the dealer.

wildspeed 05-08-2013 11:10 PM

Got the car back from the dealer...after a week :mad:

They replaced the TIPM...for the second time...:icon_rolleyes:
apparently was loosing power on pin 10, internal intermitant open in fuel pump circuit.... what ever that mean.
Let's hope that fix it....

CMil527 05-08-2013 11:12 PM

Wow thats ridiculous...lets hope its fixed!