3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

ipod videos on rear seat dvd player

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 01:16 PM
insureobx
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ipod videos on rear seat dvd player

I have a completely noob question I'm sure. My kids use my iphone to watch Netflix pretty often when we are riding. I've had my 2012 Durango about a month and haven't had a chance yet to play around with the video system.

Has anyone with the rear seat dvd player found a way to play videos off of an iphone to the dvd player? I tried to play a music video and the sound played but no video was showing up. This was hooked up to the USB port in the center console.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 PM
dwolson2
Professional

I think the lockpick will let you, but I'm not sure as I don't have it.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:55 PM
jwr9152
Professional

Get an iPhone a/v cable and plug it into the auxiliary input in the back seat.

Lockpick will let you play on the front screen, but you will have to run a line to the rear aux input to play on both.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM
insureobx
Rookie

Originally Posted by jwr9152
Get an iPhone a/v cable and plug it into the auxiliary input in the back seat.
Man, I hadn't even thought about that. I'll probably skip the lockpick for the time being, as long as it's playing in the back we should be good. I'm assuming if they have ipod touch's they can play games on the screen also. Not a bad trick. Still learning what the system is capable of but very happy with it all so far.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:49 PM
jwr9152
Professional

Originally Posted by insureobx
Man, I hadn't even thought about that. I'll probably skip the lockpick for the time being, as long as it's playing in the back we should be good. I'm assuming if they have ipod touch's they can play games on the screen also. Not a bad trick. Still learning what the system is capable of but very happy with it all so far.
I would assume you could play games. Haven't tried on iPhone. Works on my galaxy.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:24 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by insureobx
I have a completely noob question I'm sure. My kids use my iphone to watch Netflix pretty often when we are riding. I've had my 2012 Durango about a month and haven't had a chance yet to play around with the video system.

Has anyone with the rear seat dvd player found a way to play videos off of an iphone to the dvd player? I tried to play a music video and the sound played but no video was showing up. This was hooked up to the USB port in the center console.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Insureobx,

Welcome to the Dodge Forum and congratulations on your new Durango.

Keep in mind that the power inverter can power cell phones, electronics and other low power devices requiring up to 150 Watts. Certain high end video games, such as Playstation3 and XBox360 will exceed the power limit and will automatically shut down.

Please note that the outlet will have to be turned on by pressing the switch once, which located on the switch bank below the Climate Controls. More information can be found in the Owner's Manual on page 258 and page 360. I hope this helps.

Keep us posted on how the iPhone a/v cable works out and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Quick Reply: ipod videos on rear seat dvd player