Rear A/C Controls Only go Full Blast

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:10 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrb1012
Our new Durango has this same issue, however the tech at the dealer said it was "normal". I know this can not be possible. I got the feeling like the tech didn't know what was wrong or how to fix it so he just blew it off. What exactly should I ask the tech to check so he might be more inclined to look deeper into the issue?
Tell him to search "Rear AC" on Techconnect...he'll find it. Info became available 7-25. It involves some simple tests to actuate this and that, then the part number to replace the Front control head. Not a TSB.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks TN Tech!

Old 08-26-2013, 04:33 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain

DODGECARES Sent me this information,

STAR Case
This document does not authorize warranty repairs. This communication documents a record of past experiences. STAR Center Online does not provide any conclusions about what is wrong with the vehicle. Rather, it captures all previous cases known that appear to be similar or related to the vehicle symptom / condition. You are the expert, and you are responsible for deciding on the appropriate course of action.
Contact the STAR Center for assistance if no solution is found Chrysler Group LLC Version 4 Case Number: S1324000009 Release Date: 07/25/2013 Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
Limited Rear HVAC Blower Speed Function From Rear HVAC Control
Diagnosis:
Customer may experience limited rear HVAC blower speed function when operating the rear blower from the rear HVAC control. The rear blower is completely functional from front control.
1. Verify the rear HVAC control is enabled in the front HVAC control head.
2. Is the rear HVAC enabled in front HVAC control head?
a. Yes >>> Proceed to step 3.
b. No >>> Enable rear HVAC controls and proceed to step 3.
3. Set the rear HVAC control head to cold and operate the rear blower motor from the rear control head.
4. Does the rear blower operate on all speeds?
a. Yes >>> This Star Case does not apply.
b. No >>> Proceed to step repair procedure.
Parts Required:
1 55111925AL Front HVAC control head
Repair Procedure:
Replace the front HVAC control head following repair procedure in TechCONNECT under 24 - Heating and Air Conditioning > Controls, Front > CONTROL, A/C and Heater > Removal/Installation
Verification:
1. Verify the rear HVAC control is enabled in the front HVAC control head.
2. Set the rear HVAC control head to cold and operate the rear blower motor from the rear control head, verify the blower operates on all speeds.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:41 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

I thought my rear A/C unit was whacky until I re-read the manual and made sure I had the "Rear" button engaged and rear temp displayed on the front unit. Once I did that, everything seems to work OK.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:56 AM
MIKEon22s
Captain

Quick Reply: Rear A/C Controls Only go Full Blast