3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2011 D Hemi R/T 24K service requirements??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 11:47 PM
ak18
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 D Hemi R/T 24K service requirements??

My '11 D R/T is due for service..and previously I just changed oil in my local shop...put synthetic and oil filter. Now that it's ready for the 24K service, I called my local dealer..and they informed me not only I need oil change..but also fuel injector cleaning..etc2..and total up $300. Though I check the maintenance manual..they didn't say anything about fuel injector cleaner...am I missing something?

not to mention..now my 730N is acting weird...from time to time..the Sirius presets are wiped..and I lost all my saved presets..and has to re-do them. It happens a lot when we change driver setting....and when I explained this to the dealership...they said it's not covered under warranty..and that could be expensive to repair...is this dealership talking crap or for real??

Thanks guys...

Old 08-18-2013, 03:11 AM
undertow999
Amateur

Your dealer is full of crap. Tell them you want what the manual reccomends, not what they recommend. For 24k it's just a basic oil change and tire rotation. Then at 30k you do the oil/tires again, but also change the plugs (if a 5.7L) a/c filter, and engine air filter.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:34 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

And its sounds like you need to reprogram all your individual settings with the fobs and restore them
STEVE

Old 08-18-2013, 09:49 AM
ak18
Amateur

Thanks guys...that what I thought...that's why I don't personally like dealership...as they're trying to scam you everytime they have the chance. Glad I found this forum....

Old 08-18-2013, 09:56 AM
shelbymopar89
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should download the durango app if you have a smart phone, very easy to look at the maintenance schedule. As said above I would only do what the schedule recommends. search the forums as there is a tsb for you radio/nav presets that you are loosing. Print it out and take it to them. Ps, the tsb states on it something like this "covered under the provisions of the warranty" sounds like you either set that dealer straight or find a new one....

Old 08-18-2013, 10:06 AM
ak18
Amateur

Originally Posted by shelbymopar89
You should download the durango app if you have a smart phone, very easy to look at the maintenance schedule. As said above I would only do what the schedule recommends. search the forums as there is a tsb for you radio/nav presets that you are loosing. Print it out and take it to them. Ps, the tsb states on it something like this "covered under the provisions of the warranty" sounds like you either set that dealer straight or find a new one....
I found the RHR 2.136 ISO and RHR 4118.ISO (for gracenote) update last night..is it safe to do this myself? As I know this dealer is pretty much a waste of time and to find another dealership..it's 1 hour away..

Old 08-18-2013, 10:48 AM
firemanprice
Professional
Old 08-18-2013, 10:49 AM
ak18
Amateur

Originally Posted by firemanprice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G401...e_gdata_player

Did you buy your truck from this guy?
No...i bought it from another dealership that's 65 miles away from my house...due to better deal..

Old 08-18-2013, 11:01 AM
firemanprice
Professional

Originally Posted by ak18
No...i bought it from another dealership that's 65 miles away from my house...due to better deal..
You sure you didn't see the badger at your dealership? Because it sounds like to me he was their. Trying to get you to buy things you clearly don't need now, not wanting to fix or even take a look at your radio. I think that badger was in the office you just didn't see him.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 AM
inyadreems
Veteran

Originally Posted by ak18
My '11 D R/T is due for service..and previously I just changed oil in my local shop...put synthetic and oil filter. Now that it's ready for the 24K service, I called my local dealer..and they informed me not only I need oil change..but also fuel injector cleaning..etc2..and total up $300. Though I check the maintenance manual..they didn't say anything about fuel injector cleaner...am I missing something?

not to mention..now my 730N is acting weird...from time to time..the Sirius presets are wiped..and I lost all my saved presets..and has to re-do them. It happens a lot when we change driver setting....and when I explained this to the dealership...they said it's not covered under warranty..and that could be expensive to repair...is this dealership talking crap or for real??

Thanks guys...
Use some Chevron Techron with a fill up of a full tank of gas, clean your MAF with MAF cleaner and your TB with TB cleaner and you will be fine.

As far as the preset issue, I have the same issue and can't figure it out, but if you are still under warranty then it is covered period. Go to a different dealer.

Quick Reply: 2011 D Hemi R/T 24K service requirements??