3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

LED interior lighting install video

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:28 PM
rvarner
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED interior lighting install video

Hey guys, I was working hard at work looking at youtube videos and I ran across this. I wanted to replace all of my interior lighting with LED bulbs but wasn't sure about it and thought I may break things doing it. This video helps see how some of the interior domes, rear hatch lights, license lights etc... come apart to install the LED bulbs.

Now this video is on a Jeep GC, but all of the lights besides the second/third row lights are the exact same as the Durango. I wish I could find out how to pop open those lights also, but this is the majority of them.

I hope this helps you guys out!

Rich

Old 08-29-2013, 05:27 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain

Great find but still I'm still looking for the 2 dome light in the center for the second and third row.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:26 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find!

Old 09-01-2013, 11:42 AM
rvarner
Professional

I know I wish it had the 2nd and 3rd row domes but could not find anything on the Durango, just the GC.

I like that light kit they sell. At $75 it is a little pricey but it includes all the trim removal tools you need which is nice.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Gqjeff
Veteran

so anyone ever figure out the second and rear dome light cover removal? I have not looked into it yet but my led 194 bulbs came today..

Old 10-18-2013, 10:16 AM
rvarner
Professional

Several guys here have done it, so I am sure they will chime in.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Gqjeff
Veteran

ya I was able to do the middle and rear easy. When u look at it there are clips on the side and the middle cover pops out. I wish I could change Out the front and middle and rear spot light ones though. Also on the rear door ones I did not have to pop the molding all the way off. Thats way overkill. I was actually able to pop the lens off and then without popping any tabs was able to slide my hand in and hold the white part of the light in my hand. Then I was able to snap the plastic cover on it and it took all of about 3 min per side. Much easier and no messing with the clips. Now did it hurt my hand, HELL YES lol but much easier and my hands r not small. Modding anything on this vehicle is candy compared to german cars I had in the past.

Quick Reply: LED interior lighting install video