3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Tailgate Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM
cbrrider012
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailgate Issues

So I was washing my D the other day and noticed along the bottom of the tailgate where it meets the bumper it is all scratched and actually beginning to chip along the bottom of it. Anyone else have this problem? What should I do about it? The vehicle has 43k on it so the dealer wont care about it at all unless I pay them to...

Old 10-10-2013, 06:32 PM
woblik
Veteran

Ive had so many problems with the liftgate.

If you take it to the dealer, theyre prolly gonna blame you for the door not lining up, say you mustve jarred it. Youll prolly have to take it to a body shop to get it aligned

Old 10-11-2013, 01:25 PM
phengmeister

I don't have that problem (YET) but I do have another similar problem:

Where the rear quarterpanels meet by the taillight, the paint is starting to chip off. On the passenger side the panels also do not meet evenly. I took the second issue to the dealer under warranty and they kissed me off like usual. Now ladies and gentlemen, I work in the "customer service" field too so I know what a kiss off is.

See photos for this Dodge quality. And to think I traded in a perfectly good Honda for this...

Driver side:

Name:  IMG_2160_zps4004d8c6.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  31.3 KB

Passenger side: See the offset? I can push in the panel and it'll pop back out.

Name:  IMG_2159_zps933add15.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  28.4 KB

Close-up of passenger side:

Name:  IMG_2158_zps209dfb7c.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2157_zps8a803930.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  32.1 KB

Last edited by phengmeister; 10-11-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:30 PM
V for Victory
All Star

That is unexceptable, call Dodge Customer service and tell them your problems and they will call the dealership direct and get it resolved. I hope !

Old 10-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

phengmeister: Those chips look like they occured either before or during the install of the panel. They're certainly not abrasions because with an abrasion you'd expect both sides to show damage, which isn't the case with yours.
Good luck getting it fixed.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:13 PM
phengmeister

I'm not going to spend the $$$ to get it fixed at this point. I'm out of warranty and it's just not worth it to me any more. There are already too many other issues with this thing that I'm just choosing to live with. Thankfully most have been exterior body issues. I've got less than 3 years and under $19k left on my financing and I don't want to waste the two years I've already paid and be back to square one.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Crew Member
Professional

Originally Posted by phengmeister
Where the rear quarterpanels meet by the taillight, the paint is starting to chip off. On the passenger side the panels also do not meet evenly. I took the second issue to the dealer under warranty and they kissed me off like usual. Now ladies and gentlemen, I work in the "customer service" field too so I know what a kiss off is.
I have the same issue with the bumper cover edge standing proud of the fender panel. Only on the driver side. Dealer said no problem, they'd seen it before and they'd take the bumper cover off and install a bracket. I figure I'll wait until I'm ready to get a hitch dealer-installed since they'll have to take the bumper cover off anyway.

Quick Reply: Tailgate Issues