3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Drl dyi

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 PM
moeman
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just be careful with resitors... They get very hot and can melt plastic... Nice Mod! BTW

Last edited by moeman; 03-05-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Coss71

Looks good; think I'll have to try it on my Magnum and the Nitro.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:45 PM
RangoRPM

Originally Posted by moeman
Just be careful with resitors... They get very hot and can melt plastic... Nice Mod! BTW
Any advice on where to put them/attach them to so they don't melt anything?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:06 PM
jebt2921

Gentlemen,

Need help finishing this mod. I've got the drivers side working fine, but the passenger side is acting up. Could you explain exactly where you connected the new wire you ran from the driver side bulb (which we cap the other end of this bulb wire)? Also where exactly did you place the second new wire on the passenger side?

The way i understood the write up was to connect the new wire from the drivers side to the bulb wire on the passenger side (capping both of the cut wires on the harness side). Then adding an additional wire in this same line that goes to the fuse box for power. Is this understood correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Old 07-27-2014, 01:08 PM
jebt2921

And regarding the resistors, best option is to mount with screws onto metal. I modded my hybrid tahoe with dual switchback LEDs on both sides and mounted this way. No issues whatsoever.
Originally Posted by jebt2921
Gentlemen,

Need help finishing this mod. I've got the drivers side working fine, but the passenger side is acting up. Could you explain exactly where you connected the new wire you ran from the driver side bulb (which we cap the other end of this bulb wire)? Also where exactly did you place the second new wire on the passenger side?

The way i understood the write up was to connect the new wire from the drivers side to the bulb wire on the passenger side (capping both of the cut wires on the harness side). Then adding an additional wire in this same line that goes to the fuse box for power. Is this understood correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Old 07-27-2014, 01:29 PM
J6L
Rookie
Default DRL can they be programed?

I recently saw a video of a Durango that was sold in Canada. The running lights were simply the high beam lights at a lower intensity. When the directional came on that side high beam turned off until the directional reset. So my question is, can the 3rd gen "D" be re-programed at the dealer to the Canadian DRL program and avoid all this re-wiring?

Old 07-28-2014, 04:58 AM
firefox7518
Rookie

If it is a R/T you have to check if it was built with all the necessary guts to run it. My r/t was not built with it but my friends Citadel was. He is running it like this as we have to run DRL or running lights all the time since beginning of this year... I just added DRLs now as the switchbacks are not allowed for DRL function in Switzerland.... I have to wait some time until using them again as they are now picky and check almost all 3 days if your are running DRL or low beams..... as if the cops do not have to do other things like stopping robbery and thief in our homes.....

Old 07-28-2014, 09:21 AM
tannman
Amateur

Nice. I like it. Will be doing to mine good write up

Old 10-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J6L
I recently saw a video of a Durango that was sold in Canada. The running lights were simply the high beam lights at a lower intensity. When the directional came on that side high beam turned off until the directional reset. So my question is, can the 3rd gen "D" be re-programed at the dealer to the Canadian DRL program and avoid all this re-wiring?
THIS! My 3rd gen D is Canadian Spec and i really want to do this mod, is this all a difference in coding which can be done by the dealer? Can some one please tell me how the drl's work on an US durango also? are the drls the turn signals just fully lit? or does it not have any drl's at all in the states? i saw a video made in the states of one without drl's so maybe this is the case.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:34 PM
greenstuff

I imported my 2011 Citadel into Canada from US last year. The US dealer was able to program the DRL without a problem.

When I took the Durango to Canadian Tire for the RIV inspection they were surprised the DRL were working. Guess they lost out on $$$ for a simple programming change.