3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Air/AC Vent Removal on '13 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 04:06 PM
dubking999
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air/AC Vent Removal on '13 Durango

on '13 Durango. I have one of my Air/AC vent coming out of it's place by passing by speed bumps. it's the one located on the passenger side the one is located close to the door. based on some researches I've done over some forums. it requires a pry bar (trim removal tools). I have searched for many types of this tools and the best I've found is the Wilmar W80648 sold by Jegs among other sellers over eBay. it's expensive but looks well manufactured due to the lack of the of the plastic molding ends on the tool it self that might cause some scratches on the dash or the chrome bezel of the AC vent. also it is made of composite plastic which is safer and safer for vehicle's trims and moldings. unlike the other tools that I've found.

THE QUESTIONS IS: can anybody teach me how to remove my AC vent and reinstall it the right way so it won't come up from it's place again and again? I'd like to do it my self. so any instructions, pictures or even videos for how to would be appreciated.

links for the tools I've found:
-Willmar W80648 sold by JEGS:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEGS-Performance-Products-W80648-5-Piece-Non-Mar-Pry-Bar-Set-/400280382801?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item5d3291ed51&vxp=mtr
-another non-branded plastic prybar set of 11 pcs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380606311974...84.m1497.l2649

I wanted to share such info with you (beside my question) in case you'd need to use such tools to remove/re-install your dash, bezels, trim ... etc

Old 12-14-2013, 02:47 PM
dubking999
Amateur

up ... up ... up ... up

Old 12-14-2013, 06:19 PM
MJNewman
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can get these tools at autozone too. But if its popping out why do you need the tools to remove? I can't remember how they are held in though. I had to remove all of mine to wrap the dash. But more than likely its a very small plastic tab. Which if so you could get it fixed under warranty or order a new one yourself. Maybe Dodgecares will chime in.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:58 PM
clh1220
Amateur

I'm waiting on the vent on mine to come in. mine was popped out and they ordered a new one.

Old 04-18-2021, 01:00 PM
Kheelin Martin
Default Removing Durango vents

How to remove vents from Dodge Durango!!! #Durango #Dodge #VentRemoval

Originally Posted by dubking999
on '13 Durango. I have one of my Air/AC vent coming out of it's place by passing by speed bumps. it's the one located on the passenger side the one is located close to the door. based on some researches I've done over some forums. it requires a pry bar (trim removal tools). I have searched for many types of this tools and the best I've found is the Wilmar W80648 sold by Jegs among other sellers over eBay. it's expensive but looks well manufactured due to the lack of the of the plastic molding ends on the tool it self that might cause some scratches on the dash or the chrome bezel of the AC vent. also it is made of composite plastic which is safer and safer for vehicle's trims and moldings. unlike the other tools that I've found.

THE QUESTIONS IS: can anybody teach me how to remove my AC vent and reinstall it the right way so it won't come up from it's place again and again? I'd like to do it my self. so any instructions, pictures or even videos for how to would be appreciated.

links for the tools I've found:
-Willmar W80648 sold by JEGS:
Jegs Performance Products W80648 5 Piece Non Mar Pry Bar Set | eBay

-another non-branded plastic prybar set of 11 pcs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380606311974...84.m1497.l2649

I wanted to share such info with you (beside my question) in case you'd need to use such tools to remove/re-install your dash, bezels, trim ... etc

Quick Reply: Air/AC Vent Removal on '13 Durango