3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Recommendations for Joliet are dealer?( south side of Chicago)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 08:24 AM
BadBenz94
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for Joliet are dealer?( south side of Chicago)

Reason I ask is that I bought my Durango from Bettenhausen Dodge and while the sales team is great and so is the service manager, their mechanics suck.

We had a "we owe" when we bought it, so one of the first things was to repair was the 120v converter( and do an oil change because as soon as we bought it we went to NY and didn't have the time beforehand to get the converter fixed).

Well when they had finished fixing it and changing the oil, they managed to damage the shifter bezel and tear the passenger seat( and put some scratches on the side of the consol, really pretty hard to see but I know they are there) and get oil hand prints on the hood, door and steering wheel. WTF??!!

Thing is they gave it back to me that way. If it wasn't for me being semi observant they would have gotten it away with it! Needless to say those parts were replaced and cleaned.

This last time they replaced the brake booster and guess what? I open the hood and not only are there two missing push clip for the plastic all around the engine compartment, two are obviously broken. Not only that the base winshield trim is damaged! Mind you they have a note in the system stating I'm ****.

So I grab a service writer to show him and he grabs the mechanic and instantly he is making excuses that those were already " missing or damaged" not knowing I'm right there. As soon as I started to say something he shut up and began apologizing.

Needless to say they are ordering new parts again to replace what they damaged.

Any one have better experiences somewhere around here, I'm willing to drive if they do good work.

Thanks!!

Chris

Oh yes I need to bring it back to have the brakes bled. Ugh

Last edited by BadBenz94; 02-08-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Added comment
Old 02-25-2014, 05:55 PM
spyder99945
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chris - I bought from Bettenhausen too (Matt Tesauro as our salesman - great guy and always got us a loaner if needed - a Challenger once) and have had plenty of work done at their shop - never had any problems. Though it did take their guys a few extra days to diagnose an issue but they have always taken great care of me. I know all the scratches and stuff on my D (theres only one) and the vehicle has always been returned in great shape - except for one time when their porter decided to run it through a wash when it was 10 degrees out and I needed gas).

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Joliet are dealer?( south side of Chicago)