3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014er Durango RT daytime running lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 01:10 AM
dorota
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014er Durango RT daytime running lights

Today we had to go and where woman drove the Durango with 2 cars. The daytime running lights went out again but when has flashed to the left went for the daytime running lights, and when the right turn signal blinking went from the right daytime running lights. Guess that this is not normal because the first Stupid looks and also makes no sense.
When the normal low beam to light up is not the Tagfahrlichte. Is not normal because I've seen in a video which then must all be lit.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:26 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

OK.

Are you saying when you use a turn signal, the daytime running light goes out on that particular side for the duration that the turn signal is on?

....that is what it should do. So your turn signal is not drowned out by the headlamp and is visible to oncoming traffic.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:52 AM
dorota
Amateur

when I turn on the left turn signal is left the day running lights goes out
and when i turn the other side the day running ligt goes there out

Old 02-10-2014, 07:22 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Sounds like what it is supposed to do.
STEVE

Old 02-10-2014, 08:46 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
OK.

Are you saying when you use a turn signal, the daytime running light goes out on that particular side for the duration that the turn signal is on?

....that is what it should do. So your turn signal is not drowned out by the headlamp and is visible to oncoming traffic.
Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
Sounds like what it is supposed to do.
STEVE
^^ Agree.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:30 PM
coldsteel
Captain

Agree. Test by turning on the hazrds/flashers and both should go out. Turn the flashers off and they will come back on.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Leman
Rookie

Originally Posted by dorota
Today we had to go and where woman drove the Durango with 2 cars. The daytime running lights went out again but when has flashed to the left went for the daytime running lights, and when the right turn signal blinking went from the right daytime running lights. Guess that this is not normal because the first Stupid looks and also makes no sense. When the normal low beam to light up is not the Tagfahrlichte. Is not normal because I've seen in a video which then must all be lit.
Are you running the DD4 in Germany, I am in Switzerland. It might be there is a change in programming for local markets. It seems logical the day running lights go out on the turn, but for the normal beam, I have seen other makes with both LEDs and low beam in Switzerland, but not in German makes where the day running LEDs go out with the low beam lights. I think this is a German requirement.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:55 AM
firefox7518
Rookie

I also live in Switzerland. It all depends of the LED are also for position light. If yes they will dim and you are allowed to leave them on (dimmed) with the low beams. If they are not able to dim then they have to go out for sure. The law is the same for Germany and Switzerland as it is an EU law.

There is no law which says the DRL has do dim or to shut off if the turn signal is flashing. Even Audi does it not use the same way all the time. Depending on the model sometimes the DRL dims on the flash and sometime the DRL shuts completely off. It's different from model to model because there is no law for it ;-)

As in my RT the DRL relay is missing I just added some AEG LS18 to the car. The dim with the low beams on and are official DRL and position light. That way I don't have to put on some white LED position lights to the bumper for inspection.

Quick Reply: 2014er Durango RT daytime running lights