3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

USB Port Connection

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 11:39 PM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default USB Port Connection

I have the Uconnect 730N, radio sales code RHR, and have music loaded on the USB jump drive connected to the USB port in the armrest. I keep the jump drive always connected and had the following issues:

One jump drive looks like it got fried; neither the radio nor a computer can read it.

A second jump drive will work but then after a while of not being accessed, the radio no longer recognizes it; like it gets corrupted. I had to re-format and re-copy the music for it to work again. When I re-formatted with FAT32 (the original format) it started, but then it stopped working and no longer detected (recognized). So I re-formatted with FAT and re-copied the files, and now it seems to work fine, but every time I turn on the radio and select AUX, I have to go to Devices and select USB; it doesn’t “automatically” select USB (note that I also have a phone connected via blue tooth so under “Devices” the choices are USB and BT).

Once the jump drive is not detected by the USB port in the armrest it is also no detected by the port on the radio faceplate.

I Googled the issue and read several other forums, but the responses are inconsistent. Some responses say that the format must be FAT32, others that it has to be FAT, and that there needs to be at least a .mp3 file or .jpg. My music files are .mp3 and .wma.

I now remove the jump drive from the USB port when not in use.

I wonder if any of you on this forum had this issue and how did you fix it (if you did).

Old 02-17-2014, 08:27 AM
kyle13
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you want the best answer i can give you well here it is, the u connect radio is the biggest piece of **** ever made. it never ever connects to my phone to make calls, ive reset the damn thing sooooo many times and reconnected the phone and it doesn't do ****. so 1.bluetooth sucks ***. 2. the usb port is pointless i plug my iphone into it to listen to music and i try to use the buttons on the back of the steering wheel and boom it changes the song constantly every 2 seconds until i unplug to phone. so the best answer i can give you would be dont use the usb. just go ahead and listen to satellite......oh wait the satellite radios cuts in and out constantly.. soo nvrm just dont use the radio at all.. :P probably didnt help you but i had to rant

Old 02-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kyle13
if you want the best answer i can give you well here it is, the u connect radio is the biggest piece of **** ever made. it never ever connects to my phone to make calls, ive reset the damn thing sooooo many times and reconnected the phone and it doesn't do ****. so 1.bluetooth sucks ***. 2. the usb port is pointless i plug my iphone into it to listen to music and i try to use the buttons on the back of the steering wheel and boom it changes the song constantly every 2 seconds until i unplug to phone. so the best answer i can give you would be dont use the usb. just go ahead and listen to satellite......oh wait the satellite radios cuts in and out constantly.. soo nvrm just dont use the radio at all.. :P probably didnt help you but i had to rant

You have a bad radio, take it back to the dealer. My Bluetooth connects automatically and quickly, and the satellite radio doesn't let go even in parking garages. Don't settle for that nonsense, make the dealer swap it out.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:00 PM
kyle13
Amateur

Originally Posted by Wash Man
You have a bad radio, take it back to the dealer. My Bluetooth connects automatically and quickly, and the satellite radio doesn't let go even in parking garages. Don't settle for that nonsense, make the dealer swap it out.
its been to the dealer twice!

Old 02-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kyle13
its been to the dealer twice!
You need Steel's wife to write a letter for you!

Old 02-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Second that... ^^^^^^Hell, she would probably get you into a 2015 Durango'. Hahaha

Old 02-18-2014, 05:56 AM
fishandgrits
Veteran

This is my third vehicle with uconnect and I love it. It's actually kept me from buying an aftermarket head unit the past 5 years or so. I hope you guys can get it all worked out!

Quick Reply: USB Port Connection