UConnect & Bluetooth Settings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 04:12 PM
NutmegState
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question UConnect & Bluetooth Settings?

So, I have a UConnect 5.0 radio.

I have Nokia Lumia 920 Windows 8 Phone. It is listed as a compatible phone and it paired as soon I picked up my DD.

I receive phone calls, I can make calls and it will even play songs from my phone -- great!

BUT, and here is a big BUT -- I do not have in-car navigation in my 5.0 radio. I instead, use my cell phone for Navigation. In my case, Navigon from Garmin.

Here is the problem, my nav app on my phone does voice turn-by-turn directions but when paired with my DD, no sound comes from the phone. The only way to get voice navigation is to remove my phone from the Bluetooth connection.

Anyone have a similar issue with any other phone? Is there an easy solution that I am missing?

Old 04-03-2014, 04:44 PM
pjw1967
Veteran

My iPhone 4s does the same thing, even with Nav. The only sounds the Bluetooth will transmit are voice calls. Maybe someone here has a solution.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Dango84
Amateur

I'm not familiar with the 5.0 since I have NAV in the durango. My other car I can get the voice navigation to work through the car only when I have the Bluetooth streaming on. I have to be actively set to it so no radio, but pandora works simultaneously. It might work on the durango.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:13 PM
NutmegState
Rookie

Spent some time researching the problem. Seems the problem is posted on most any Durango and Jeep forum.

The only people who seem to have a solution are those who have some models of Android phone that allows them to configure Bluetooth so that they can turn off audio streaming

I hate that you cannot disable streaming from Uconnect.

I sent an email to the contact email on the uconnect website, will see what they say.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:19 PM
NutmegState
Rookie

Originally Posted by pjw1967
My iPhone 4s does the same thing, even with Nav. The only sounds the Bluetooth will transmit are voice calls. Maybe someone here has a solution.
Someone on a Jeep SRT forum said to Try A2DPblocker in the App Store for iPhone to turn off streaming and that worked for him

Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 PM
N8ivkjun

Just curious, have you tried it with a USB cable?

Old 03-10-2015, 12:53 PM
kingskib

*BUMP*

I have this exact same problem with my 2011 Citadel. Bluetooth phone calls work fine, but any messages read from my phone through bluetooth only come through the Uconnect when I am streaming from my phone. If I am listening to the radio (SiriusXM) then notifications are not read through the speaker.

Quick Reply: UConnect & Bluetooth Settings?