3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 to 2014 first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:32 PM
JRRF
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salrt
Hmmm, my '12 R/T turns on whatever I had on when I shut it off with the remote start. I always made sure the heat was up, defrost front/rear was on and seat heaters were on prior to getting out of it in the winter. I hit the remote start and come out 10 min later after work to warm seats and a defrosted SUV. Not sure why mine does that and you's didn't??
You do realize it doesn't work that way on yours or anyone else's...?

The seat heaters automatically turn off when you shutoff the car. They only come back on with a remote start if it's cold enough out. The climate control is always set where it's set at shutoff, but in the summer if you turn on the seat heaters before shutting off the car, they sure won't be one when you remote start it again.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRRF
Sure you can talk to to it, but without buttons, you can't adjust the temp and listen to the radio or be on the phone at the same time. About the only time I use the voice system is if I want a radio station that would take too many button pushes ;-)
Real men are incapable of multitasking anyways
LOL

Old 04-09-2014, 03:26 PM
salrt
Professional

Originally Posted by JRRF
You do realize it doesn't work that way on yours or anyone else's...?

The seat heaters automatically turn off when you shutoff the car. They only come back on with a remote start if it's cold enough out. The climate control is always set where it's set at shutoff, but in the summer if you turn on the seat heaters before shutting off the car, they sure won't be one when you remote start it again.
You may have a point. I don't use them in the summer when it is hot, so I haven't actually tested that. However, if I do not have them on when I shut the truck off in the winter, they are not on when I use remote start. If I have them on when I turn it off, they are on when I remote start it. I guess if they don't turn on in the summer I'm OK with that, as long as they work like I described in the winter (when I need them to be hot)...

Old 04-10-2014, 11:25 PM
JRRF
Captain

Does anyone know what type of NAV is in the 14 Citadel? I had an '11 Crew with the Garmin nav which was miles better than the one in the '11 Citadel. Have they fixed that, or is the current one also not very user friendly?

Also, how does the 8 speed affect acceleration times?

Old 06-14-2014, 07:53 AM
MinnetonkaBoater

I would even add dedicated soft buttons to take the place of the shifter. Is all just a switch anyway. I am so old school, I would like to do away with the center consul, I want my honey to be able to slide in next to me.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:44 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by MinnetonkaBoater
I would even add dedicated soft buttons to take the place of the shifter. Is all just a switch anyway. I am so old school, I would like to do away with the center consul, I want my honey to be able to slide in next to me.
Our 64 Chrysler had just that - Selectdrive. There were buttons on the dash for Park, Reverse, Drive, 2, 1.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Cherden

The paddle shifters work great when your towing a trailer. I have a 25 ft and its really likes 6th gear. Come to a traffic light or stop and it downshifts automatically to 1st, then just take off shifting as needed. Tried using just D for the trailer and it hated it.

Last edited by Cherden; 06-15-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:14 AM
mwelch

I have the 2014 Limited. It has had small issues but were fixed pronto. I'm in my late 50's an being retired Army really enjoy all the new tech stuff in it. When all the gizmos are set correctly on the u connect settings it's a dream come true. I have all the fancy euor, jap an italian cars and they all have problems.The best car I have ever owned was a 65 chevelle SS. But as a kid not smart enough to keep it.

Quick Reply: 2012 to 2014 first impressions