3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Durango Lives On (Refresh Coming for '17)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Fullslp
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crap... That means the Jeep SRTs resale will remain high. 24 months can't come soon enough for both the D and Srt in my garage.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:11 AM
inyadreems
Veteran

SRT everything! No more base models............lol

Old 05-07-2014, 09:48 AM
BadBenz94
Veteran

In my opinion this is a mistake. Didn't Chrysler just separate SRT as it's own brand a year ago? I think there is a place for a Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep SRT models. The 300 and Grand Cherokee play in an area that people otherwise wouldn't spend that money on a Dodge. Fiat may have a "plan" but all they have done in Europe outside of Ferrari is FAIL. Chrysler/Jeep is keeping them afloat and I think they are messing with success that will only benefit the other two American car companies.

Remember Pontiac being the "performance" brand.....

Chris

Old 05-07-2014, 10:52 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by BadBenz94
In my opinion this is a mistake. Didn't Chrysler just separate SRT as it's own brand a year ago? I think there is a place for a Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep SRT models. The 300 and Grand Cherokee play in an area that people otherwise wouldn't spend that money on a Dodge. Fiat may have a "plan" but all they have done in Europe outside of Ferrari is FAIL. Chrysler/Jeep is keeping them afloat and I think they are messing with success that will only benefit the other two American car companies.

Remember Pontiac being the "performance" brand.....

Chris
I disagree. The mistake was making what had become a trim level (and what started and still is just a special development group) into its own brand. And please, lets not compare SRT to AMG or M, because their origins aren't really comparable.

As long as they don't water down "SRT" like they did for "R/T" back in the day, which it doesn't seem they will, then I think we can have some seriously nice performers on our hands. I'm not afraid of a Dart SRT or a Journey SRT, because if they stay true to form, they can be some badass and unique vehicles.

Re: Pontiac. I know that GM always tried to bill Pontiac as a "performance brand", but the difference here is, Dodge actually HAS performance models. With the exception of the G8 GT/GXP, and maybe the Solstice (blech), there wasn't any performance vehicles in their lineup.

Last edited by 03neonRT; 05-07-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:52 AM
WannaV-8
Veteran

Originally Posted by 03neonRT
I disagree. The mistake was making what had become a trim level (and what started and still is just a special development group) into its own brand. And please, lets not compare SRT to AMG or M, because their origins aren't really comparable.

As long as they don't water down "SRT" like they did for "R/T" back in the day, which it doesn't seem they will, then I think we can have some seriously nice performers on our hands. I'm not afraid of a Dart SRT or a Journey SRT, because if they stay true to form, they can be some badass and unique vehicles.

Re: Pontiac. I know that GM always tried to bill Pontiac as a "performance brand", but the difference here is, Dodge actually HAS performance models. With the exception of the G8 GT/GXP, and maybe the Solstice (blech), there wasn't any performance vehicles in their lineup.
Agree. Separating a trim level into a brand was a bad move. Offering SRT variations in Chrysler/Dodge would offer different levels of performance and a rather nice lineup.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Crew Member
Professional

Originally Posted by WannaV-8
Agree. Separating a trim level into a brand was a bad move. Offering SRT variations in Chrysler/Dodge would offer different levels of performance and a rather nice lineup.
And what about separating a model into a brand, i.e. Ram? I didn't like that either and I never got why it was necessary. Though I guess if Dodge will be the "performance" sub-brand they would have had to move the Ram to Chrysler anyway.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:01 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Crew Member
And what about separating a model into a brand, i.e. Ram? I didn't like that either and I never got why it was necessary. Though I guess if Dodge will be the "performance" sub-brand they would have had to move the Ram to Chrysler anyway.
I didn't see the point in that move either. It looks like now they're trying to make RAM into a Consumer-Prosumer-Commercial brand though....if that's the case, I think it could pay off in the long run.

I guess it lays out like this:

Jeep - SUV-ish vehicles with offroad capabilities. "Strong" styling with some soft edges.
Chrysler - Cars and Vans with some more "sophisticated" styling.
Dodge - performance oriented/capable vehicles with "aggressive" or "sporty" styling that fall into the car and SUV category. This would make Dodge the hybrid brand between Jeep (SUV-ish: Durango and Journey) and Chrysler (cars - Charger, Dart, etc).
RAM - trucks trucks trucks.

Last edited by 03neonRT; 05-07-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Trace3rd
Professional

"Durango lives on", we like ours so this is good news if true, and yes an SRT would be a nice edition to the line up, but can we please at least get the following options in the future?

1.40/20/40 front seats with folding armrest. I see no reason for this vehicle to not have an 8 passenger "option"!

2.Adjustable pedals! Hello, this is 2014, what other $40K + SUV/Crossover does not have adjustable pedals?

3.Electric folding mirrors! Again, wasn't this obvious when you first designed it?

4.Rear Glass that opens separate from the gate, I miss this one the most.

5.4-corner air suspension. Trucks and Jeeps get it, and its awesome!

6.and 3.92 gear's. Just as an "option" on all models for towing, except maybe on the RT's it probably should be standard.

Dodge cares are you reading this? Please pass to the design dept. before 2017.

Thanks,

Old 05-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's already a Durango SRT8, I know this for a fact because not more than an hour ago I passed one in Houston......Black 2011-2013 license plate T-DOGMA.........

Old 05-07-2014, 10:16 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

There are no factory SRT8 Durangos...There are a few that have done 6.4 swaps though
STEVE

Quick Reply: Durango Lives On (Refresh Coming for '17)