3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

diablotoona was here (custom tune installed)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 01:21 PM
SS2RT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diablotoona was here (custom tune installed)

So seeing that many here seemed happy with their custom Hemi tunes, and with my ABS light (and later traction control light) issues finally behind me (thanks to a newly installed TIPM) I decided to give it a try...

Coming from a Trailblazer SS (which I mostly left stock) I remember the TBSS forums were filled with praise for Johan (aka "diablotoona") and his tuning, and I had a few other friends that dealt with him personally as well with great success, so thats the direction I wanted to go first...
I believe he does or did work at DS which I figured can also only be a plus...

Well I am a believer now too...

-- in just a couple weeks my fuel economy is up between 2-3 MPG's vs. the canned Diablo 93 tune - and still slowly rising!
*AND*
-- performance feel / drivability / throttle response / is also clearly much improved at the same time

I used to find myself shifting gears manually very often just to have more control of the power/shifts/Eco-Mode/RPM... but in the few weeks rolling with Johan's tune I almost NEVER have to shift now, because she moves much better in "D" than she did before...I just leave it there. Never thought I would be able to do that and still enjoy driving the D...
or did I ever think I would see 15+ MPG's on my EVIC, shoot now I wouldn't be surprised if it keeps going up...

Creates the feeling as if some TQ management was removed/minimized or the tranny was injected with a small dose of steroids. Feels like she pulls/moves/shifts with more urgency now..

DO NOT hesitate to use diablotoona - I am 3 revisions deep and Johan always seems to want to get me every last drop of performance and leave nothing on the table, not to mention he responded to me same day each time, and always next day with new tune files. Really cannot ask for more than that!

Old 05-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Nice bro. Thanks for the input. Also did they replace your TIPM for causing your lights or were you having start/ drivability issues?

Old 05-16-2014, 02:29 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great feedback... whats he charging for his tune?

Old 05-16-2014, 02:42 PM
SS2RT
Captain

Originally Posted by Fullslp
Nice bro. Thanks for the input. Also did they replace your TIPM for causing your lights or were you having start/ drivability issues?

well changing tire size on my DS trinity caused the ABS light, while trying to fix it the dealer tripped the traction light (still makes it the DS trinity's fault IMO!), so the dealer gave me a TIPM to fix both problems (maybe my lights had something to do with it too...)

With the headlights dealer said it was just the ballast I believe (or maybe a bulb? I will check my docs), the fog light was def a bulb (and the other/second fog light blew while in the shop!)

Last edited by SS2RT; 05-16-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:42 PM
SS2RT
Captain

Originally Posted by CMil527
Great feedback... whats he charging for his tune?
diablotoona accepts paypal donations of $100 and up..

Quick Reply: diablotoona was here (custom tune installed)