3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

How can I get my navigator and radio work in Europe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Finland R/T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I get my navigator and radio work in Europe?

I moved from US to Europe and I have 2011 Dodge Durango R/T and it has original Sirius Media Center cd/dvd/hdd/nav american street wiew and american radio frequencies. I moved to Europe and need navigator with European street wiew and European radio channels. Is there anything that I could do to update the software to European one? We don't have Dodge service anymore..

Old 05-30-2014, 07:10 PM
warmachine77

Pretty sure it would be cheaper to use your phone or get an external gps unit.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Finland R/T

Car value is bigger when I sell my car when navigator and car radio works. I know that navigator uses Garmin maps and Garmin is European company.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 PM
J6L
Rookie

Have you tried contacting NAVTEQ Maps customer service @ 1.866.629.3212 yet? They also have a website: www.navigation.com , this might be the best source to get the answer to your question.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Norge
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I don't have any info about getting the navigation to work. But I'm curious if Finland required amber rear turn signals? Been trying to get info on where in the wire harness the rear turn and brake signal wires are still separate.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Finland R/T

Hi guys

I found out that there is company in Sweden that converts Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep navigators for european maps and units.

To Norge. I owned my car for one year in USA before I took it to Europe so there is different rules in Finnish trafic. I have still red rearlights and it's perfectly ok. I had to install new rear foglight but mine is with telescopic leg and I can put it hidden under bumber and just take it visible when I have car inspection. In front I had problems. Our law requires parking light with white light only. So I had to change that but I'm putting back the original parklights cause I find that there is bulb which have both functions white parking light and amber turning signal. If you have anything to ask please do so. I am happy to assist you.

-Pekka

Old 06-01-2014, 06:57 PM
pjw1967
Veteran

Originally Posted by Finland R/T
Hi guys

I found out that there is company in Sweden that converts Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep navigators for european maps and units.

To Norge. I owned my car for one year in USA before I took it to Europe so there is different rules in Finnish trafic. I have still red rearlights and it's perfectly ok. I had to install new rear foglight but mine is with telescopic leg and I can put it hidden under bumber and just take it visible when I have car inspection. In front I had problems. Our law requires parking light with white light only. So I had to change that but I'm putting back the original parklights cause I find that there is bulb which have both functions white parking light and amber turning signal. If you have anything to ask please do so. I am happy to assist you.

-Pekka
Pls tell us about the dual color bulb, i.e. make, part nbr, website. Thanks.

Quick Reply: How can I get my navigator and radio work in Europe?