3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014 Durango -Hemi "To Complete Shift, Return Engine To Idle"

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Goatie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Durango -Hemi "To Complete Shift, Return Engine To Idle"

I am getting this message in my EVIC Cluster. Just picked up the vehicle a week ago. I can't feel anything strange going on with the transmission but this message comes up at around 50-60 km/h in 5th gear. Anyone else experience this? Thanks!

I'm also getting upon startup "To complete Neutral shift, return engine to idle." Ghost in the machine???

Last edited by Goatie; 06-24-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:04 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Goatie
I am getting this message in my EVIC Cluster. Just picked up the vehicle a week ago. I can't feel anything strange going on with the transmission but this message comes up at around 50-60 km/h in 5th gear. Anyone else experience this? Thanks!
Goatie,

I'm sorry to hear about the message being displayed.

Is the message displayed each time you reach 50-60km/h? Are you towing, or using cruise control when the message comes up?

I haven't been able to locate the meaning of that specific message, have you notified the Service Dept. at your dealer?

Old 06-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Fullslp
Captain

If you are AWD start the vehicle place transmission in neutral and use a pen to press the neutral button for the "transfer case".the miniscule light should begin to flash. Wait for a few min until it stays on solid and press it again. Should return you to normal driving mode. Someone on jeep garage had this message on his awd hemi and although the transfer case wasn't in neutral this message went away after doing this.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Goatie

Thanks for your thoughts. Not towing or using cruise control. It only comes on sporadically. The dealer service manager hadn't heard of that warning but am having it in next week to hook it up. We'll see what the deal is then.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Goatie

It is an AWD Hemi and tried this fix but the N pen button did not blink. I was able to switch to Neutral mode and back but this message continues. Off to the service shop next week! Thanks for the message.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Fullslp
Captain

It is an AWD Hemi and tried this fix but the N pen button did not blink. I was able to switch to Neutral mode and back but this message continues. Off to the service shop next week! Thanks for the message.

good luck bro and keep us posted.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:26 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for your thoughts. Not towing or using cruise control. It only comes on sporadically. The dealer service manager hadn't heard of that warning but am having it in next week to hook it up. We'll see what the deal is then.
Yes, please keep us posted.

Quick Reply: 2014 Durango -Hemi "To Complete Shift, Return Engine To Idle"