3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Uconnect Debacle

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015 | 02:02 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by JRRF
So my car is a year old now and Sirius radio no longer works -- good riddance. But what's weird is that some other Unconnect stuff doesn't work either. I thought the basic Uconnect apps came with a 5 year subscription.

I can no longer connect to Pandora through Unconnect. And I can no longer use "talk-to-text". Even stranger is that I can still use text-to-talk, I just can't reply.

What gives?
Requires uconnect access subscription.

Old 07-11-2015 | 02:30 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

And here I was, one the fence on whether it was time to ditch my 8 track. All the better, I won't have to buy The White Album all over again...

Old 07-12-2015 | 12:53 PM
JRRF
|
Captain

Well, after much digging it is a little more complicated. There is a 5 year trial period for Pandora, iHeart Radio, etc. But to keep these working you have to reinitialize your Uconnect phone app and log back in.

As for talk-to-text that only has the 1 year trial subscription. And to vent a little, for $14.99/month this is absurd. Sure you also get remote services, and if you need those you should have to pay. But talk-to-text is just the head unit communicating with my phone -- no remote services involved. My phone does talk-to-text all on its own, so there's no reason that bluetooth shouldn't be allowed to communicate with my phone to send those messages the same way bluetooth communicates with my phone to make telephone calls. As every other brand out there begins to offer this no-brainer at no charge (heck the engineering to turn this on/off with subscription is probably a cost loser) Chrysler is going to have to let go of this too.

Old 07-12-2015 | 06:45 PM
spark

Originally Posted by JRRF
...But talk-to-text is just the head unit communicating with my phone -- no remote services involved. My phone does talk-to-text all on its own...
Apparently not in this case. From Uconn here:
Listen to your text messages without taking your hands off the wheel or your focus off the road with Voice Text Reply. You can also dictate and send free-form text messages with Voice Texting — powerful, cloud-based voice recognition from Uconnect® Access

Old 07-22-2015 | 11:28 AM
cdn_tbird
Amateur

I agree with JRRF. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that FCA should force users to have to subscribe to their cell service in order to use those features when they could simply piggyback off of your smartphone's data connection. As it is, those services aren't even an option for those of us that live in Canada since they don't have an agreement with one of the Canadian carriers.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Debacle