3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Knock on wood...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Renink
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock on wood...

I see quite a few posts of people having problems with their Durango's and even some of the newer ones. I know that most of the time people only come to post when they are having issues and not usually when things are running fine so I am going to make a post and hope I don't jinx myself.

I ordered my D in March and picked it up early May. Hearing some of the problems with CV Boot Clamp failures had me concerned and I have checked it quite a few times but haven't seen any problems. I have the email from Dodge saying my car was beginning to build on 4/24 and finished being built 4/28 so I don't know if I am affected. Looking up recalls with my VIN at owner connect doesn't show anything.

I haven't updated my uConnect since receiving it since I haven't witnessed any problems. I have heard about glitchy cameras but mine has been fine so far. The only annoyance I find with that has been the radio and navigation voice volumes not syncing up very well.

No weird sounds, squeaks or leaks have been witnessed yet. The only thing that I have noticed that bothered me at first I think may be attributed to the tires making some odd road noise on certain roadways. I have read that the stock tires aren't that great when it comes to road noise but I'm not going to be buying new ones any time soon. I have had the forward collision warning pop up a few times when I didn't think it was warranted but that may be because I am used to city driving. I have tried out the Adaptive Cruise Control on one small trip and it was freaky allowing the car to accelerate and stop by itself.

Gas mileage has been a bit below average but it seems I am in a lot more stop and go traffic lately. The family has enjoyed the vehicle so far and I am about to take it on our first vacation since purchasing it. Just hit 1,200 miles and wondering if I should change the oil to synthetic as planned before I leave.

Items that could be improved :
  • Sometimes I wish the ventilated seats were a bit better but an improvement over my Jeep that had nothing
  • Better sounding exhaust. My Jeep with Borlas has a better sound than the stock RT exhaust
  • Tires, like I said above they have a weird noise on some roads that concerned me in the beginning
  • Tilting sideview mirrors. While this is a good option, the fact that it can't be cycled on or off easily means I don't use it.
  • Being able to slide 2nd row back or forth a bit would be nice
  • Tailgate memory option would be nice so I don't have to park in the exact right spot or worry of hitting my tailgate on the arm to my garage door.

I'm sure there are a few other items I can list but I'm just going off the top of my head for now. Overall I am pleased with my D outside of having car payments again.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Turborusty
Amateur

Nice to hear you're happy with it. I also get surprised by the number of problems I see pop up on the forums.

I have a '13 Citadel that I bought New Year's Eve 2012 and just turned over 42,000 miles on it. I've had a couple of very minor issues:

- driver's window switch did not like being used in the momentary position, it was auto up or auto down, easy fix under warranty.

- panel alignment was wonky, the front fenders gapped out past the doors a good bit....took it to the dealer's body shop and they aligned them properly

- rattle in the headliner, Turned out to be a crossmember bolt not fully tight from assembly.

Otherwise it's been trouble free. not so much as a check engine light or trouble code. I absolutely love it.

Now time to sell my 2003 Durango R/T with 205,000 miles.

Turborusty

Old 12-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love my 2012 Citadel. she has 100,000 km so far. zero issues, except the auto headlights arnt turning on as accurately as id like. (minor)

Old 12-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Glad it's working out for you bro. There are a lot of us out here with no problems or very minor ones. The ones that do well Chalk it up to far less parts manufacturers since the big crash. Most people don't realize that chrystler/ dodge only builds 2/3rds of your ride and that outside parts manufacturers are needed to finish the job. Wonder why faulty parts are often linked to multiple manufacturers. In the end the bean counters make calls on how much you can spend on say a crappy TIPM?!?! While the engineers are gagged..

Old 12-22-2014, 05:50 AM
nicola.dinisio
Rookie

My 2011 Citadel runs fine, 92.000 Km so far.
I am the second owner, also the first one did not report problems.

I only had to unplug the car battery on one occasion, to let the on-board computer reset itself. The car was not recognising the key any longer. That could have been a major pain in the neck hadn't I found this trick on this forum http://goo.gl/0HoZkK

Quick Reply: Knock on wood...