3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Inconveniences after 54k

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:15 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inyadreems
I just brought my D in for the booster recall and the dealer performed 2 PCM software upgrades. The D feels awesome, part throttle response and transmission shifting is much better than it was.
Year of D and engine? Thinking about dropping by my dealer. Any service bulletins i can reference to make sure they know what I'm. talking about?

Old 07-17-2014, 02:53 PM
inyadreems
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
Year of D and engine? Thinking about dropping by my dealer. Any service bulletins i can reference to make sure they know what I'm. talking about?

13 RT 5.7. Sorry didn't see any TSB # on the work order. Just said PCM software update.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:30 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hfx_cdn
If you look at a string started by me last year, I went into great detail with regard to the GPS. It is an accident waiting to happen, the voice input drops me before completing instructions, it has no intuitive recognition similar to the $100 stand alone 7 year old Garmen I use in our Liberty, we cannot have the co-pilot override the movement lockout, and on it goes. Another pet peeve raised in a separate string is the functioning of the automatic high beams, well we don't do a lot of night highway driving anymore, but yesterday we went to a function about 125 kms away and we drove home after dark. I had to switch the lights from automatic to headlights so that I could access the high beams, they just would not come on, even while we were driving the first 15 kms through back roads where there were no oncoming vehicles and only a few rare houses.
For what It is worth, I have on 2 separate occasions brought this under email correspondence through the Chrysler contact us system, and their answer basically said contact the dealer to see if there are updates, and there are none!
On the positive side, that annoying rattle seems to be gone.
hfx_cdn,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced.

With the Automatic head lights on, were you able to manually activate the high-beams, or would they only come on with when the switch is in the standard ON position?

Can the head light concern be easily duplicated for the dealer?

Old 07-18-2014, 12:18 PM
hfx_cdn
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way to get the high beams on was to switch from auto to manual headlights, then the work normally. To be honest, I have not raised the issue with the dealer or his service department. When raised here, I was told that it was operating normally. Unfortunately, I will be heading out to visit family and won't be back home until September, and by them I expect the mileage will have me over warrantee.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:28 PM
bbtkd
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crap - new inconvenience here, the flashing "Low" indicator light. My first thought was "low what?". Gas? Washer fluid? Tire? Gas mileage? Ambition? Morals? Nope - apparently it indicates that the conditions were not met for it to drop into AWD low as it seems to think I requested. I didn't. First time this happened, it went out after a few minutes. Second time it didn't clear until I actually switched to and momentarily got stuck in AWD low (cleared with the neutral button). Came on briefly again today, so now have an appointment for Monday. Other posts on here point to a faulty switch. Since I work and live over 20 miles from the dealer, they say that if it gets stuck in low, I need to get it towed. I suppose flat-bed because it wouldn't free-wheel. Wonder if this is covered under the drivetrain warranty, since I am at 46k miles? As far as I'm concerned, they can permanently disable AWD low, I'll never use it.

Quick Reply: Inconveniences after 54k