Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At Last........

Glad to see this moving forward......

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/24/c...le-complaints/

Old 08-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With only 240-300 documented complaints I think Chrysler will take a wait-and-see attitude and act only if the gov't tells them to. So far I've heard of no accidents caused by this defect and certainly no injuries or deaths. So while it may be a safety issue Chrysler will "study" the problem ('ala the Audi and Toyota unexplained acceleration problems) until they are forced to act. In my 50-plus years of buying cars it has been my experience the manufacturers will only act when they are pressured by either the government or the public.
Chrysler recently extended to 100,000 miles from 50,000 miles the warranty on the LEFT cylinder head of the V-6 after numerous failures and complaints. A similar program should be established for the 2011-12 TIPMs. As for the people who've already shelled out +/- $1200 to fix this defect I'd expect a payback, either in cash or future services.
IIRC Ford and Goodyear delayed action until there were several hundred accidents and some deaths before they acted to correct their tire problem.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Waynead
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But given the GM debacle, maybe they'd think twice about ignoring it. It's not going to cost them $1200 to fix it- and they'll sue the supplier of the faulty units.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:24 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Orin500XL
A similar program should be established for the 2011-12 TIPMs. As for the people who've already shelled out +/- $1200 to fix this defect I'd expect a payback, either in cash or future services.
If it goes recall, they'll pretty much have no choice but to reimburse.

I see this turning into some form of the external relay circuit retrofit if it does go to a recall. That's pretty much what the recall was on the Nitro, but it was a fan relay and some circuits getting moved to a beefier wire. Otherwise I think it will go the extended warranty period "as needed" route. Could possibly be a combo of both. They really need to step up on this on and do it right. That is a very popular line and they don't need this right now.

Recently they've been moving away from TIPM systems back to a PDC under hood and a BCM under the dash....which is the way it was for many years and worked well. We're time traveling it would appear.

Last edited by TNtech; 08-25-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: At Last........