3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Headlight aiming/adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014 | 10:50 AM
Saleen190
|
Professional
Default Headlight aiming/adjustment

Anyone know if we can adjust the headlights on a 13? When the body shop did my repair apparently they didn't re-aim the driver headlight. It's not "way" off..... But enough to be annoying. There's nothing in the owners manual about being able to adjust them and haven't been successful finding anything using the "search"

Old 09-23-2014 | 09:28 PM
detailsbyfrank
Professional

Originally Posted by Saleen190
Anyone know if we can adjust the headlights on a 13? When the body shop did my repair apparently they didn't re-aim the driver headlight. It's not "way" off..... But enough to be annoying. There's nothing in the owners manual about being able to adjust them and haven't been successful finding anything using the "search"

Found this posted by FSTDANG03 on another site:

"No adjustment on citadel they are automatic height adjusting like those in my R/T it is actually really cool feature.
Pull up next to a garage door as above stated about 25' away then set headlights on Auto, start car lights should come on and raise up and down to adjust make sure they are moving. They are supposed to self level. There are adjustments but they are really unconventional".

Old 09-24-2014 | 02:57 PM
coldsteel
Captain

In case you're concerned that the headlight beams aren't symmetrical, you are correct and that is normal.

The driver beam sets itself lower to aid in reducing glare to oncoming traffic.

Quick Reply: Headlight aiming/adjustment