3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Loose Steering

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 01:02 PM
2012DurangoSXT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose Steering

Hello all:

I have a 2012 Durango SXT AWD. I took it into dealer for a noise that was around driver side dash. The tech spent 5 hours trying to locate it. He did manage to find the cause which was the back of hood (screw). In the process of trying to find the noise he sprayed the suspension bushing on driver side with spray lubricant. Now the steering feels loose/darty and not as tight as it was. I spoke with the tech the next day and he claims he didn't adjust anything nor did he take wheels off. He just sprayed it. Any ideas on what else he can do to tighten it back up?

Thanks!
Ryan

Old 11-11-2014, 02:24 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Drive it around and hope the lube wears off. Or get in there and spray it with some kind of cleaner, maybe brake cleaner, to get the lube out quicker.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:13 PM
2012DurangoSXT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I tried engine degresser and high pressure gun. I should have mentioned that in previous post. I guess it's back to dealer. They probably think I'm crazy. They also messed up my cowl weatherstrip that goes along windshield now that is whistling at high speeds. No more Chrysler products for me in the future. This car has been into dealer 25 + times for all kind of failures/workmanship issues with only 35k miles. Thinking of dumping it.

Quick Reply: Loose Steering