3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014 Durango R/T - Rattles when shifts

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Akhi5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Durango R/T - Rattles when shifts

Interested in some feedback. Bought a 2014 Durango R/T back in April. Since day 1 it has had a buzzing/rattle when shifting under load. In the 6 months I have owned it, it has been in the dealer for about 5 weeks while they have tried to figure out what the noise is. They we easily able to confirm the noise. They replaced the exhaust system as they thought it was the noise, noise continued. I have contacted Dodge and have a case manager and all. Today, after all the time the dealer has tried to figure this out, a Chrysler Engineer came to town to look at it. The Engineer response was: yep, they make that noise, it is normal.

This response surprised me as even the $16000 Patriot I have been driving as a loaner doesn't rattle when it shifts, but the $50k vehicle does? Have a hard time believing that the Chrysler Engineers can design a high end SUV that doesn't rattle when it shifts.

The case manager informed me that since that was the Engineer's assessment, not much else she could do. She then asked me what I want to do next. I am a little stumped, not really happy with a buzzing/rattling shifting vehicle, especially as the price, but don't want to overreact either.

Suggestions?

Old 11-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it is normal, drive someones R/t of same year and options prefereably

Old 11-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2014 R/T does not do this

Quick Reply: 2014 Durango R/T - Rattles when shifts